CHAPTER EIGHT - THE ONLY WAY

CHASED — IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE

-

-

they all separated into groups. deena with simon, sam with carter, kate with josh, and felix with jupiter.

felix and jupiter made a blood trail, staining the floor with a mix of the twin's blood.

"don't you go dying on me, felix. not after you promised," jupiter tells the boy, pulling him into a hug. amongst separating, felix kisses jupiter's forehead.

but after hearing a soft hum, they look to our right, seeing ruby lane. grabbing jupiter's hand, felix darts.

he lets go of her, pecking her lips one more time before he runs into the bathroom quickly, hopping in the stall with sam.

"you'll be right behind me, right?" sam asks her brother for good measure, huffing with slight relief as he nods.

she climbed into the vent, making it halfway as the killers walk through the door.

pulling himself up, felix gets a glance at the nightwing killer, just in time for him to axe the dummy that was going to be him if he waited even another second.

hopping down, kate ties a rope around the door, and deena pours gas along it as the rest of them grab fire extinguishers.

they all run down the hall, the three couples locking hands as deena throws a lighter on their trap.

walking into the bathroom, simon puts out the fire, and when the air cleared, the bathroom was a mess.

"try coming back from that, mother fuckers!" simon cheers, grinning goofily as carter and josh share a smile.

they all sigh in relief, it was over.

until the gunk on the walls began to move, seemingly forming back together.

as soon as an arm formed, it reached out for felix, nearly grabbing his ankle as jupiter pulls him away.

"help us! come on, they're coming!" deena says, her, simon, and carter barricading the door.

"and they're going to keep coming," kate says, her voice upset.

"we are fucked!" simon yells, moving away from the door.

"no.. they're fucked," kate says, pointing to the twins

"look, i don't want to give up. but, let's be honest here, this is our only option."

sam and felix shared a look before nodding.

"he's right," sam speaks up.

"you're not—

felix, be honest. killing you won't do shit if i'm still alive."

"no," carter mutters.

"sam and i will go in the hall, and we'll in this now," felix rasps, sadden by the fact he has to kill his sister.

"that's insane," jupiter walks up to felix, grabbing his hands.

"you're a monster," carter sneers at her friend.

"carter, i don't want to do this either! but it's our only option!"

"we are not killing my friends!" deena demands, starting to block the door once more.

"this is the way," felix says, starting to tear up. jupiter shook their head, tears forming in their eyes as he walks away from them.

"felix and i gotta go," sam says as they walk out of the door, kate locking it behind them.

they heard objects moving, crying, and screaming as simon and kate attempt to keep deena, carter, and jupiter away from the door.

the twins look at each other, nodding as tears slip past their eyes. grabbing each others hands, they watch as slater makes his way towards them.

felix grabbed his sister, pulling her into a tight hug. time felt like it was going slow. like everything was in slow motion before kate yanked them back into the classroom, shutting the door and locking it just as nightwing slams his axe into the door.

jupiter wrapped felix in her arms, falling to the ground, carter reciprocating her actions with the other fraser twin.

"what's going on?" sam asks, confused, just as her brother.

"there's another way," josh says, "c. berman. she's the key."

running to the door, simon tries to keep it closed as slater ruthlessly chops into it.

"this would be so much scarier if i didn't know he was hot!" simon tries to lighten up the mood.

"i need some help!" he screams as kate rushes to help him.

nightwing's hand then shoots through the door, grabbing simon's head as josh runs and stabs the hand. simon then props his feet on the door, preventing themself from falling off the desk.

"the rhyme! simon the rhyme!" deena shouts at the boy, looking at the paper below them.

"she'll take your blood, she'll take your head—

she'll follow you until you're dead!" they finish together as simon and kate continue to fight nightwing.

"she died to survive," deena mutters, her sister, jupiter, and the twins walking up to her curiously.

"what?"

"we have to kill you two, and bring you back to life."

"what are you saying?" kate asks, pushing slater's hand off simon's head.

"fuck it. felix and i are dying tonight, one way or another."