Chapter 9

09:34 pm TO: Hazza <3

Please Harry just let me explain, I need you.

09:52 pm TO: Hazza <3

Why won’t you let me explain Harry? You know I wouldn’t do this to you.

10:59 pm TO: Hazza <3

I am currently drowning my sorrows in alcohol because you won’t talk to me

11:31 pm TO: Hazza <3

Harry, baby! I do accept you! I like you as you are! You’re perfect.

11:59 pm TO: Hazza <3

Harry! Please ! I just want you to live your life to the fullest. Please listen.

12:59 pm TO: Hazza <3

Fine, don’t listen. Just know that you broke my heart Harry.

I woke up the next morning with a splitting headache and the urgent feeling of nausea, hangovers really do suck. I didn’t really remember the night before other than feeling extremely sorry for myself after the incident with Harry at school. I had some recollection of texting someone something about my heart being broken. My eyes flew open and I sat up quickly, reaching blindly for my phone that was somewhere beside me. I couldn’t have sent that to Harry, no way. I had one new text message and my heart was racing quickly as I opened it.

01:01 am FROM: Hazza <3

Good. Considering you broke mine first. Goodbye Louis.

My eyes fluttered shut at the message and I willed myself not to cry, I had cried enough in the past three days and I needed to be strong right now. I knew that Harry was serious since he used periods and he used my fully name, in the time Harry and I had been friends he had never done either of those things. I threw my phone against the wall, not fully caring about if it broke or not, and pulled myself out of bed. The shower was nice and calming as it washed away all traces of the alcohol on my body, however it only made my headache worse. I don’t know when the tears started to fall exactly but the salt and the water from the shower mixed, allowing my tears to wash away and go unnoticed by even me. Finally I made myself get out of the shower, but only when the water had turned cold making my muscles tense under the temperature.  My body felt heavy as I dressed and my mind couldn’t focus on anything but that text, those empty words ringing in my head. I couldn’t be bothered to put any effort into my appearance other than the required uniform, so my hair hung flat against my forehead. My face looked pale and the black circles under my eyes looked very dark and prominent.

“Hey Louis!” Daisy ran up to me, wrapping her arms tightly around my waist and making my pounding headache that much worse.

“Hey Dais, let go of me so I can go get painkillers yeah?” She nodded, squeezing as tight as her little arms could before letting me go and running away down the hall.

“Rough night in your bedroom there Louis?” Lottie murmured in my ear as she passed me in the hall, laughing quietly to herself. I shook my head and placed my palm to my forehead trying to stop the pain. I silently walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Morning sweetie, how are you?” I tried my best to smile at my mum as I reached for the painkillers in the cupboard.  

“I’m good, just got a bit of a headache that’s all.” I smiled at her and swallowed the pills dry, grabbing my bag. “See you mum.” I waved behind me and left the house, going to the corner where I knew Harry would pass in a couple of minutes. I sat there for 3 minutes and 33 seconds to be exact when I saw Harry’s figure moving towards me. I did the thing any sane person would do and hid behind a mailbox until Harry was close enough for me to sneak attack him with.