Chapter four

TW

Scarletts Pov:

I looked across at Y/n from my seat, even thought she'd almost fallen out of a tree she still managed to look effortlessly cute. Her long strands of hair covering her eyes. Her lips pursed ever so slightly just enough to make me bite my own.

The fire department had insisted we get a ride home with them, usually I wouldn't let something like this happen but seeing as the circumstances I accepted.

The drive was long and tiring, low music playing in the background of the loud silence. Just loud enough for me to distress everything that had happened over the last few days.

I soon found my eyes wondering back over to Y/n but this time her eyes were wide open starring deeply back at mine.

"Hey Scar." I smiled at the nickname.

"Hey stranger, how are you. Is your body okay after nearly falling out of a tree or should I call my doctor?

"My body is perfectly fine thank you, but.. judging by the state of yours I'm not too sure..." Her eyes darted around my body taking in my whole appearance from top to bottom.

"Finished staring or should I set up a daily appointment?" I shot her a smirk.

"Finished with me?" she lashed back, raising her brow just enough for me to notice.

"Sheesh did they put something in your drink I'm starting to think your going to be a brat forever."
I watched her facial expression change with my choice of words and instead of an answer, she rolled her tongue and turned away to face the window on her left.

"Looks like your in the wrong business Johansson..."
Her head tilted ever so slightly before maintaining her silence.

I rolled my eyes turning to face the window, tugging at my seatbelt readjusting my position causing her eyes to falter quickly back over to me, grabbing her attention. Just what I wanted.

This was going to be a painfully flirtatious journey...

———————————————————————————

Y/n's pov:

"I'm fine dad I promise."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."
I ended the call throwing my phone onto the bed with a loud sigh exiting my mouth.

"You know you did almost fall out of a tree, your lucky he isn't round here checking you himself."

I rolled my eyes turning around to see Casey standing in my doorway.

"I know you live here but sometimes it just feels like you pay rent to be my personal annoying bitch."
I smirked at him.

"I'm just saying maybe trying to accidentally fall out of a tree isn't the best way to get your girlfriends attention." He took a bite out of his nugget.

"I didn't do it on purpose you dick, and she's not my girlfriend." I walked past him stealing the nugget right out of his fingers.

"You better pay for that or I'm calling our landlord to make you pay for my rent." He spat back.

"Do it after the party tonight, no man can resist me drunk hell he'll make you pay for mine."

"You getting drunk is not a good idea remember what happened last time?"

"That was once I promise I'll try not to brake my foot this time."

"Swear on it, I had to quit my first class of physics for you."