Chapter six

Y/n pov

The sun was shining through the plain white curtains hanging from the hospital windows.
I didn't know what day it was and to be honest I couldn't care less.

Scarlett had left late last night at around 11pm which was hours after she was meant to go but she was persistent and confident enough to basically tell half of the hospital staff to the shut the fuck up and leave her alone. Which I found profoundly funny.

I'd had multiple check ins last night with the doctors as they performed over 7 physical exams on me, like observing my breathing patterns, checking my skin for bruises and squirting cold water into my eye to apparently observe eye reactions which I thought was weird.

They did a couple of brain scans as well as checking my entire body since Scarlett had informed them I was a victim of rape. After all of that they'd finally told me I could leave at 6:00 pm

Scarlett had said she'd take me home in her car since she was worried. I'd been put on multiple different medications to help me stay in check and although I wasn't too keen on it I'm sure Scarlett would be shoving them down my throat.

Waiting for Scarlett was quite horrible since it was the first time I'd been properly left alone with my thoughts. I should have never gone to that party,
I should have listened to Scarlett.

I continued to think about the history of unfortunate events, being last night. Hours passed and a nurse appeared at the doorway. "Scarlett Johansson is here for you."
she told me.

"Thank you." I returned easily before propping myself up ready to leave. The lady nodded before walking away.

I stood up feeling dizzy as if I was about to faint.
I took a step and started to feel my legs wobble.
A warm pair of hands wrapped around me in seconds holding me up.

"Watch it, you can't injure yourself leaving the hospital, that's just wrong." Scarlett ordered smirking as usual.

"Well now you can take care of me, can't you?"
I reckoned, playing her.

We'd found that comfortable rude low cut flirting was the best way to communicate with each other.

"We'll see about that..." She interjected leading me out of the hospital, her hand on my lower back sending the same shivers down my spine.

I got into her car adjusting the seat to my liking.
Scarlett's eyes were on me and I could feel it.
"Starring are we?" I teased her.

"Just keeping my eyes occupied." She returned with no hesitation her eyes still on my body driving my crazy.

How the fuck could she have such a easy reply to something that teased me all of the time and keeping that smirk on her face like what I said didn't affect her at all.

She tore her eyes away from me and started to drive us out of the hospital parking lot.
"Seatbelt." she demanded looking in the front mirror of her car. "What if I don't?" I tested her patience earning me a well deserved look back.

She continued driving ignoring my childish behaviour. We drove in a agitated silence all the way until we reached my house.

"You owe me a date." Scarlett beckoned raising her brows. "Tonight, 8pm, you have one hour to get ready. Wear something nice and I'm not taking no for an answer" She ordered as I got out of the car nodding.

I unlocked my door noticing Casey's shoes and coat was gone so he must be out. I entered my room pulling off my clothes and opened my closet to find something nice to wear.

I didn't know if I should go for something formal or something that might just send her over the edge.
After throwing on multiple dresses I finally decided on a white dress.