17. Just smile

After like three hours at the beach I went ahead and started to pick up everything. I didn't even get a tan because I'm too white. I probably got a little bit darker but I doubt it.

"Guys, I'll meet you back at the hotel." I yelled to them.

"Alright. You got everything?" Luke made sure that I didn't leave anything.

"Yeah. I left you guys some towel so you can dry up in Renee's stuff." I nodded.

"Okay. We'll see you there,babe." Michael waved.

"Mhm." I smiled and put on my sandals. It didn't take a long time to get home. Maybe like 10 or 15 minutes. I felt super sticky so I went to shower. I looked in every room to check if they were clean and to my surprise they are.
Throughout the rooms it was so cold, so I rushed to changed into my pj's. As I walled to the kitchen to grab something to drink, all of the four boys jumped on me.

"Holy Shit!" I yelled as I laughed. "Get off of me. You weigh a ton!"

"Well hi to you too." Calum waved.

"Ugh! You guys are still wet." I pushed them off and frowned. "Now I got to change."

"Sorry bum." Michael scratched his head with a laugh on his face. I got up and continued to do my 'mission' to the kitchen.

"Well you guys better shower. You stink like ocean." I reached for a glass cup on top of the cabinet and of course it would break as soon as I tried to take it out. "Fuck my life."

I tried to pick up the piece of glass carefully but I got cut. It wasn't thin like a paper cut but it was pretty deep. "Ow! I am having the worst day ever." I dropped everything and looked around for a napkin.

"Elle, are you okay?" Michael came from behind to hug me. Oddly enough I could feel his stomach rumble.

"Babe, I'm okay. Where are the napkins?" I hid my hand from him as I faced him. He looked at the floor and picked up the shard that contained blood.

"What happened?" He asked as he picked up the rest of the glass and placed it in the trash. I rolled my eyes as I showed him my right hand. He took my hand gently and took my to the bathroom. He washed it off and laughed. "You're so clumsy."

"I'm not a kid. I can handle myself." I pushed him with my free hand. "I guess we need to go to the drugstore to buy some Band-Aids.

"Well go get some napkins which are in the drawer underneath the sink in the kitchen." He explained. "Then I'll take you."

"Sure." I nodded as head to the kitchen once again. I never really understood why this hotel had 4 room and a kitchen in just one hotel room but what are you gonna do about it? I grabbed a lot of napkin for emergency. Michael was just chilling on his bed. "Ready."

"Babe." He continued to giggle. "Unless if you wanna go in your pj's."

"I hate my life." I grabbed a pair of shorts along with my denim jacket and a tank top. I was forced to changed again. "Can we go now?!"

"Now we can." Michael grabbed my left hand and we walked out of the hotel room. On the way to the nearest drugstore, I saw his eyes wander on a girl or the floor but never at me and I just kinda ignored it at first. Then it happened again. I wanted to say something but I felt like he was doing accidentally. It began to happen over and over again but I kept coming with excuses over and over again. I let go of his hand and continued to find the Band-Aids in the aisle when we got in the drugstore. I was holding my tears back as I looked for them.

"Elle, did you find them?" He asked as he hugged me from behind again.

Yes, I did but I feel like I lost something more important. "Yeah, go pay for them." I handed them to him and I just need some space.

"Sure thing." He kissed my cheek and head for the register. I stared at the floor surrounding myself with my wet hair to hide my tears. Honestly I felt like I should be mad, not sad but I kept crying anyway. I wiped my tears away and continued to Michael. "Everything set?"

"Yeah." I played with my fingers.

"Hey!" He grabbed my hand. "Stop crying! You're too pretty to cry."

"Mikey, if I'm so pretty, why do you look at other girls?" I turned my face to the floor.

"I was trying to not make it obvious that I tearing up." He told me and my eyes opened as I looked at him. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close.

"Why were you crying?" I kissed his cheek and whispered gently into his ear.

"It was out of jealousy." He rolled his eyes. I began to laugh and cry with tears of joy. He joined along with me.

"Well I guess we are the same." I smiled and put on the Band-Aids. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.

"More than you know." He grinned and we walked home. He had his right hand in my left back pocket as we walked.