38. Jail.

My heart skipped a beat. Maybe even twice. "How long has he been doing it?"

"He started as soon as he left highschool. He stopped when he met you. I don't know the slightest bit why but he saw something in you." She sighed.

"Infinity, how do you even know this?" I afraid to ask but I didn't want to be left clueless.

"I used to work for him," She paused. "Getting money was tough and he was paying me 20 dollars per hour. I thought the money was good until I realized what I had to do. He told me to take the pills. Didn't tell me what they were or what was gonna happen. The next day I woke up in his bed, nude. He usually left the money on the kitchen counter."

I didn't know what to feel or do. I could only look at her with no expression.

"Elle, can we..." Jace came walking. That's when infinity got up, told me goodbye, and walked away. "Talk?"

"What's there to talk about?" I asked like I didn't have a care in the world. Even though I should've asked him why or who the hell is she, I didn't want matters to get worse.

"Look, I know that you're pissed at me but I can't lose you again. I've been really patient with you and I love you. Please understand that it was a need..."

"You need to have sex. Bullshit." I interrupted him. "I was willing to give it to you when I came back but she was there. Naked and practically your little bitch."

"Don't act like you wouldn't." He crossed his arms.

"No, I wouldn't. I got a boyfriend who is supposed to love me!" I exclaimed and crossed my arms. "I think I was better off with Michael anyway." I mumbled under my breath.

He sat down next to me. I felt like he was trying to show sympathy for me but he was the reason why I was upset. "I'm a screw up. I know but I can't lose you too. I'll make up for it. I won't go out no more. I'll stay by your side through everything. Just can't let you go."

I had the urge to cry. I couldn't hold it in so tears would slide off my face and into the sand. "I just don't wanna go through that again."

He grabbed my hand and held me close. "I promise that as you are with me that will never happen. Don't cry, princess. You're too beautiful to cry." His lips pressed against my cheek made the feeling go away. I hugged him and we walked home together. It began to rain as we headed home.

Unfortunately, we both had to clean everything. All the beer bottles and cash. Random glass on the floor made it harder to clean things without falling. As Jace tied the last bag of trash, there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I rushed and when I opened the door, two policemen were standing there. "Hello sir."

I could feel Jace's footsteps walk behind me. "Is Jace Davis here?"

"Yes?" Jace spoke. The police officers looked at each other in unison.

"You are arrested for the rape of Infinity Faye." One officer spoke and grabbed Jace. I stood in shock.

"No, he didn't. Please, let him go." I grabbed Jace's hand. The other officer kept me in place. I tried to get escape but there was no use.

"Elle, I love you." Jace held my hand one more time before they shoved him in the car.

"I'm sorry, Madame. Have a goodnight." The officer that was holding me, spoke as he hopped into the car. Jace was in the back looking at me with his glorious eyes full of tears. I fell on my knees and the rain just made it worse.

*********

It's been nearly three months since Jace got arrested. Michael's been back on his feet. I can still visit him now and then but I've been stuck at home crying during those months.

My phone was constantly ringing every hour and it was the same person. Luke. I got fed up with him and finally answered the phone.

"What do you want, Luke?" I rolled my eyes and sniffed.

"Well I wanna see if you're still alive or not. Michael's been worrying about you. Why Jace in jail?" Luke replied.

"Because one girl lied. I know who she is but she'll play dumb. Jace has at least 7 more months in jail until then." I got up and closed all the curtains in the house. I'd rather have people think that this is a haunted house than a house that contains a woman inside by herself.

"Well Ashton successfully bailed out Jace. He should be home soon. Like..."

The door bell rang. I kept the phone to my ear and ran downstairs to get to the door. "Now." Luke finished.

"Elle!" Jace shouted and opened his arms. I ran into his arms and hugged him. The guys were behind Jace.

"Thank you." I repeated and kissed Jace. My eyes filled with tears again. The rest of the guys came into the hug.

I took them all inside and Jace turned on the light. I've been living like a vampire so when they turned on the light, I turned my back. I was just glad that everyone I loved with all my heart was here with me.