10. Back To Back

"Then this other guy asked me out to go to the movies." Oriel was blushing.

"Oh?" Kayden laughed.

"Let her have her fun."  I kissed his cheek. "I trust the guy."

"But you only saw how he looked, not how he acts." He whispered in my ear.

"Come here." I grabbed his hand and took him to my room.

"I don't see what you see." He crossed his hands.

"How did we meet?" I asked him.

"Well...it was kinda like hers but we were younger." He sighed.

"Yet I trust you."  I smiled. "Let her."

"She's like a daughter to me." He groaned.

"She's my sister. She deserves someone who loves her." I got up and gave him a hug.

"Ugh. Fine." He rolled him eyes.

"I love you." I kissed his cheek.

"Elle, I got a question."He sat on the bed. "When I found you, you weren't even scared."

"Well cause I had to appreciate what I got. I was alone. I'm not happy with my myself. The choices that I make, aren't always the greatest. I ran away from those boys cause I didn't enjoy being with them." I sat next to him. "And...all the things...I know about those boys aren't going away any sooner. I feel guilty that I just left them like that."

"Elle, stop blame yourself." Kayden spoke.

"I just left them like that. I told Michael something that I shouldn't have said. He said that he was fine with it but I didn't think so. Calum and the boys came looking for me," I began to weep. "And I just stayed put...Then Ashton and Luke couldn't even look me in the eye. I feel useless. Everytime I look Oriel in the eyes, I couldn't help to know that I left you guys and didn't come back."

"Just go." He looked at the floor.

"What?" I glanced at him.

"They're waiting." He coughed.

"Kayden, I can't just..."

"LEAVE!" He yelled. "Just go okay. I want you to be happy. They're waiting on you. So go."

"Thank you so much Kayden." I hugged him and kissed his forehead. I packed up my things and got ready to leave. He gave me all of my clothes that he kept. I stared at the note that he wrote. I chose to take it and hide it my pocket.

"Did you get all your stuff?" He smiled.

"Yeah." I nodded. I heard the honk from in front of the house.

"Well that's you're cue." He hugged and Oriel came from behind. She hugged me tighter than Kayden. Kayden gave me the pillow that Oriel and I made. Also a necklace. "Just keep it on to remember us."

"Be safe." She gleamed. "You best call me."

"I will." I waved as I grabbed my bag and walked out the door. "Bye."

"Welcome back, Mate." Ashton helped me with the bags.

"Feels good to be back." I grinned and looked out the window. Oriel was waving while Oreo was barking away.

"Well..." Michael walked up to me.

"Mikey!" I hugged him.

"I missed you." He kissed my head and held me tight. Ashton , Luke, and Calum joined the hug.

"Let's go home." Calum smiled as we drove away.

"Yeah." I nodded and threw myself on the couch. I felt the note in my pocket. I pulled it out and read it again. It felt great that I was back with them. I took Michael with me tom the bathroom. I locked the door behind us and I sat on the counter. I grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes.

"Elle," He put his hand on my face. "I love you." He kissed me passionately. I stood up and Michael grabbed me by the waist and didn't let go. I closed my eyes and pulled him closer. He pressed his lip onto mine. For the first time, no one disrupted us. I felt relieved at this very moment. He put his hands on my hips and he got me back on the counter. I continued to kiss him as I felt his nose next to mine. Something was telling me to stop but at the same time to not. I did what I wanted to do, so I continued. Michael pulled away and stared at my eyes.

"Let's wait for the hotel." He smiled and pinched my cheek softly.

"Ok." I got off the counter and hugged him. When we walked out the bathroom, the others were sleeping. "How much longer till the hotel?"

"We got about 30 minutes." He looked at his watch.

"Okay then." I nodded.

"So what did you learn while you were with Kayden?" He sat down and gazed at me.

"My brother, Kian..." I began. "He liked me more than a sister. I was used as a toy for my brother. Kayden was happy with me but he's an alcoholic. I wish I could've done something to save him. I remember his heart was racing. He lost it and he couldn't help me.  Oriel found a guy that she wanted to date. I was happy for her. While I was there, I read this."

I handed him the note and he was surprised. "I never knew someone like him could..." He paused. "My whole life I've been trying to prove people wrong. My mother couldn't help but to hate me. I've smoking cigarettes for as long as I remember. All I ever wanted was Love."

"Michael, this shit gets old." I kissed him on the cheek. The van stopped and the others woke up.

"We're here." Michael got up and grabbed my things.

"Finally." Luke yawned.

"We're going to pack our things in like a week or two. Then we'll leave to go home." Ashton explained to me.

"That's great." I grinned and head out to the hotel. I could feel Calum lean on my shoulder. "Cal, you okay?"

"Sleep, just a little bit." He spoke to me with his eyes closed.

"We're almost there. Can you wait a little?" I asked.

"Sure." He got off my shoulder and walked ahead. When we got to the room, I jumped on whatever bed I saw first. I was tired.

"Elle, can I talk to you?" Luke asked.

"Sure." I groaned and got on my feet. He took me to the balcony and we talked in private.

"When you left, Ashton was the first one to look for you and I'm not trying to change your mind about Michael but right after you left, Ashton left for 2 days straight and came back when he gave up." He told me.

"When I left, it was because I felt that I wasn't needed. I ran away for a couple of days then I found Kayden. He took care of me and told me what happened to me. Then you guys came and I didn't know what to do." I thought about them. "I didn't think I would be back here again."

"We're happy that we got you back." He laughed

"What do you mean?" I glanced at him.

"You should feel lucky you did." He grabbed my hand and looked at me. I stood there and did nothing. I felt his lips touch mine. I was in shock. "I'm so sorry, Elle. I didn't mean to."

"It's fine." I covered my eyes.

"Elle, look at me." He didn't let go of my hand. I wiped away my tears and stared at him. "I didn't mean to....it's that...Michael's lucky to have you."

"Thanks." I hugged him.

"Go get some sleep. You probably had a long day." He opened the door and allowed me in first.