1-2 - You get exposed by an old man next door (and cry)

"Look, over there. Don't they look like Ace and Deuce?" The green-haired man pointed to a red-haired and blue-haired boy walking alongside another person and a cat.

"Eh? Is that Yuu? Did they find him already?" The orange-haired man zoomed in using his phone to get a closer look at the people. "No, it's not Yuu. But I think that's Ace, Deuce and Grim." He replied. "We should follow them." The orange-haired man suggested. "They've already gone into that building, I think it's fine to follow them a bit." The green-haired man and the orange-haired man crossed the street.

When they both arrived at the front of the building, their progress was blocked by a passcode needed to enter the building. "We should stick around this building, I'm certain that was Ace and Deuce." The green-haired man was sure.

"Um, hey! Can I take a picture with you guys?" A random boy walked up to the two. "Sure?" The green-haired man gave a closed-eye smile as the orange-haired man struck a pose. Snap!

"Thank you so much! Great cosplay, keep up the great work!" The boy excitedly bounded off.

"Wonder what that was about..."

♦♣♠♥

"Grim...creatures like you...don't exist in this world." You explained to Grim as you guys board the elevator.

"Of course! Because I'm one of a kind dazo!" He exclaimed, proudly. "Grim, listen to me, I need you to act like a cat." You instructed him. "But I'm not a ca-" Grim argued. "I know. I know you're not a cat." You cut him off gently.

"But there are people in this world who hunt down people with magic." You tell them in a serious tone. "Like you guys."

"Hunt people with magic?! Why?!" Deuce yelped, paling. "Because they're afraid of what they can't explain." You sighed. "I just need you guys not to use any magic in public and Grim can't talk in public." You explained what you needed them to do.

"Man, that sounds horrible." Ace grumbled at all the strict rules he had to follow. "I'm sorry but I don't want you guys to get caught." You apologized. "But those other people earlier were okay with Grim talking though." Deuce pointed out. "Because I told them there was a speaker in Grim's bow that made him say voice lines." You answered.

"Also, cats here don't have flaming ears so if you could diminish them..." You reached over to his ears but he quickly dodged. "Fungya! Don't touch my fire ears! They're part of my charm dazo!" He growled. You wondered if he could even put them out. Or were they similar to Charizard's flame? Where if you put them out, he would die. Jeez, you hoped not.

"Grim, I'll buy you two cans of tuna if you can diminish them for me." You attempted to negotiate. "20 cans." He frowned. "17?" You tried again. There was no way you were buying 20 cans. You didn't even know how long they were staying and you didn't want to be stuck with several cans of tuna! "18." He challenged the fee once again. "14." You told him. "No way! 16!" He scoffed. "15." You firmly told him, making sure this was final. "Fine dazo!" Grim's ear fires went out. It was strange. Really strange seeing Grim without his trademark ear flames. By the looks on Ace and Deuce's face, it seemed they weren't aware Grim's ears could go out as well.

"Okay, so I'll pretend you guys are my roommates and Grim is your guys' cat." You told them. Grim glared at you, opening his mouth to say something but the elevator door opened first with a soft ding!

You shook your head to remind him not to speak. He seems to get the message as his mouth closes. You confidently make your way to your door before an old man approaches you, you halt.

"[Your Name], who are these people?" An old man asked. This was Mr. Lewis, he was an old man. All of his children except for one had moved out of the city. That one child, her name was Helen apparently as you had learned from Mr. Lewis, was pretty busy though, always at work which left the old man at home.