1.1

it'd been a hard week for max. tensions hard between him and his girlfriend, and grinding on the simulator for the mexico grand prix was tiring him out. but he made it, and was now making his way around the paddock after free practice.

the sun was beaming, forming sweat onto the dutchman's brow. whilst lowering his race suit around his waist to cool himself down, he made his way over to checo who was sat on his phone.

"how'd you do?" he asked max, gesturing over to the timing boards.

"not bad, could've been better, we will see what tomorrow has to bring i guess" max replied, whilst running his hands through his hair. he faked a smile to checo,

"what's up, everything all good at home?" checo looked at max puzzlingly.  max had always had a great bond with his team mate, as soon as he joined f1 the two had always got along since his torro rosso days at the start. with seeing eachother more than their own families, checo knew when something was wrong with max.

"meh, you know what it's like sometimes, single life would be easier sometimes with a job like this" max said, checo smiled and rolled his eyes.

"it's hard sometimes, you've just got to realise what's best for you" he said, pulling max into a hug, patting him on the back.

"cheers mate, good luck for tomorrow anyway, home race and everything" max smiled at checo,

"we've got this, 1 and 2, but i better be p1" checo laughed, going back into the red bull garage. max took his phone out of his pocket, a text appeared from someone within red bull.

'you ready for a lift back to your hotel yet, or you need more time?'

max began to type his reply, when he felt a hand graze his wrist. scared, he jumped back. but then was immediately comforted by who he saw.

"you heading back soon, we're all done, lando's already left" daniel said, leaning over and looking at max's phone.

"you scared me" max blushed, cheeks flushed red.

"it's only me, max" daniel laughed, "you didn't answer my question though".

"i need to get dressed and get my back pack, what hotel are you staying at?" max asked.

"the oak hotel, i think that's what it is called anyway" daniel said, it was the same as max's.

"i'm staying there" max smiled.

"well go get changed, and i'll meet you in 5 minutes we can go together" daniel spoke softly. max made his way into his room within the garage, where his jeans and hoodie were waiting for him. he took his racing suit off, and put his jeans on.  his phone lit up,

'hii, i'm off out with the girls shopping, i've taken your credit card so hope you don't mind, bye!'

no mention of the weekend so far, no asking how he was doing, but max was used to it. he began typing his response,

'okay have fun :)'

he settled his phone down on the desk, and folded up his race suit.

he heard the door opening, it was daniel who'd opened it accidentally,

"sorry-um- the car is here- sorry to rush you- " daniel spoke, looking to max who was yet to put a shirt on.

"okay-okay sorry- max rushed to put his shirt on to avoid any embarrassment. doing so too quickly, ending up with his head in the arm hole.

"you okay, buddy" daniel laughed, looking at him.

"do I look okay, mate?" max asked while laughing.

"can i help you?" daniel smiled,

"please do" the younger replied.

daniel's hands brushed max's waist line, going to lift his t-shirt up to help him.

"i'm just going to pull it really hard" daniel pulled, trying to take max's head from the arm hole. unfortunately pulling a little too hard, causing it to rip.

"you idiot, why did you rip it?" max said. the t-shirt that max now had on the correct way, had a rip all the way down one side. daniel rolled his eyes at him, began rummaging in his bag.

"here" he passed it too him, his own merch. max put it on,  and looked at himself in the mirror.

"aw, who's a lil danny ric fan now?" daniel laugh, his smile lighting up the room. max scowled, and made his way to the car.