1.3

after drinking and chatting, it was getting a bit late. max was rubbing his eyes, trying to stay awake. he was slightly tipsy, but nothing that would bother him in the morning.

"wanna watch something?" daniel asked, grabbing the tv remote and passing it to max. he poured himself another drink, and began to sip on it.

"i'll put some family guy on, that's always good" max giggled, he was slouching against the wall, and half against daniel at this point whilst sat at the top of the bed.

"i think you're a little tipsy, max" daniel raised an eyebrow, looking max in the eye. max wasn't the best at making eye contact, if he made eye contact he was going to go red in the face.

he couldn't help but grin at daniel, he just made max's life the little bit sunnier. daniel always radiated a glow, to max, and many others- daniel was a human sunshine.

"well mr ricciardo, i think you co-could be tipsy too", max smiled, leaning against his friends shoulder. daniel was tipsy, but could hide it better. all that was rushing though daniel's mind, was that he needed to look after max if he even was only slightly tipsy.

"only a little, gotta look after my little max" daniel laughed, max's face turned red. the alcohol was making him feel a certain way. daniel's words comforted him, he hadn't felt this safe in a long time.

daniel always had max in the back of his mind, everything reminded him of max. only in a platonic way, daniel had always convinced himself.

little did daniel know, max felt the same way. he had such a soft spot for daniel. if daniel happened to block him on the track, he'd just brush it off. in a crowd, he'd always look for him. when getting rushed by the media, he always looked to find him to calm his nerves.

"i'm worried about tomorrow, there is so much pressure with the championship right now, i can't rest at all" max said,

"how've you been sleeping?" daniel asked, concerned about his friend. max shrugged his shoulders.

"you'll smash it tomorrow, you know you will" he placed his hand onto max's knee. max felt the warmth spread through his body, he nodded to daniel and leant his back against the head board- gradually getting more comfortable under the blanket.

"can i get under the blanket i'm cold, or is that weird?" daniel asked, max didn't hesitate to lift the blanket up to let daniel underneath.

"it's okay i'll move this way, it's a king size bed so you don't have to go near me" max said. moving up, but still wishing he could have some of the warmth emitting from his friend.

-

"oi, max, it's getting late" daniel spoke softly to the dutchmen, falling asleep leant on his shoulder. it was 2am, and they needed to get some sleep for the morning.

"dan- i'm comfy" max mumbled, leg pressed against daniel's. this is one of the only times that daniel ricciardo had nothing to say. he didn't want to move, knowing that max hadn't slept properly in weeks. but he also didn't want to cross any boundaries and make max uncomfortable.

"c'mon, get comfortable and then i'll go back to my room so i know you're alright" daniel said, he moved away from the bed and let max lay down more comfortably. he put max's phone on charge and turned the television off.

daniel pulled the blanket over max, and went to the door.

"sweet dreams" daniel said, turning the light off. max mumbled something unintelligible back.