chapter 1

It was dark and rainy that Saturday October night when me and my friend Jon were driving to Newsburgh New York to visit the grave of Eric Carr late drummer of KISS. He had passed away from a very rare heart cancer in November 24 1991 so just about two years before I was born (I'm 28). This was one of my biggest dreams. Cedar Hill Cemetery and Mausoleum where Eric is buried is six hours away from where I live which I guess isn't too bad.
"Thanks for driving me up here " I said to Jon from the backseat as he was driving on the highway. "No problem. I know your love for KISS and your love for this guy so really it's no trouble." Jon replied as he focused on the road. I nodded and laid back in my seat and listened to 'i love it loud' by KISS as we kept driving. We were only on the road for about an hour so we had like give more hours left. Traffic didn't seem too bad at all. It was about 8:30 pm. The rain poured and poured as I looked out my window. We were passing by so much interesting things like wind turbines and really huge churches, etc. "Shit. Hey can we stop somewhere? I gotta gooooo." I said as I crossed my legs, having to piss really bad. "Of course." Jon replied. "I gotta go too anyway." We found a close exit and stopped at a local gas station to use the restroom. After I finished I grabbed a Brisk tea paid for that and met Jon back in the car. Back on the road we go.

The rain had stopped and the sky was now clear. The sun was setting and it was a beautiful orange mixed with pink and purple in the sky. I had seen what looked like an angel like figure in the clouds. Dude..... Was that a sign of something? I wasn't sure but regardless it was still cool. Another couple hours had passed by and I finally started to fall asleep. By the time we got to the cemetery Jon woke me up by honking his horn. "Meep meep! We are here." He chuckled loudly. "Hey!" I said as I yawned and unbuckled. "Why, just why?" "It woke you up didn't it?" I thought about it for a second and nodded. True. Yes it did. We got out of the car and walked right in into the mausoleum. It was rather beautiful inside. There was red carpet in some areas and a lot of people buried into the walls. We were looking around for Eric Carr's grave until Jon loudly said "Found it!" It was closer to the back and I arrived at where he was standing and gasped when I too saw Eric's grave. It had said 'CARAVELLO' written across the tomb and then his stage name 'Eric Carr 1950-1991' underneath that. Shit I'm gunna get emotional. I know it. "Sucks what happened to him." Jon said as I stared at his grave with shocked eyes. "He was like, what, 41 when he died?" I silently nodded. Dammit. No one deserves this certainly not him. "Yeah it does suck." I finally responded. For sure. I kept staring at the tombstone. Crypt. Whatever you call it. I pressed my head on it along with my hand and let out a loud sad sigh.

"Do you want some alone time?" Jon asked kindly. I nodded and said, "Yes please." Jon nodded and walked off to wander around the mausoleum. I stepped back and said to Eric, "Well.... Shit. I..." Tears flowed my eyes. Dammit. "I am here. My name is Brooke in case you don't know. Listen my dad and Uncle loved KISS and so do I. I became a fan about like ten or eleven years ago." Surely Eric could hear me from Heaven. "But anyway I'm sorry what happened to you." I continued, choking on sobs. "This ain't right. You were so young!" I pressed my head onto his grave again and just cried. See, what did I tell ya. "I'm sorry. I hope you and my uncle and my aunt and cousin are all doing ok up there." I said as I looked upward. Gazing towards Heaven. "Tell them I said hello won't you? And that I love them." I touched his grave one more time, took some pictures and a video and then left. I met Jon outside. "Are you ok? I know that was hard." He said sympathetically. "Yeah I'm good." I said quietly. "Was definitely emotional though." Jon nodded. "Ok. Now let's take you home." He said. We got in the car and we drove away from the mausoleum. All of a sudden there was a bright light flashing from the mausoleum, possibly from Eric's grave.