Chapter 6

We were playing with Cara the next day watching her roll around squeaking her chew toys and just being a little goober. She's so cute though. "Um, Eric?" I say awkwardly. "Yes dear?" He responded. "Remember the night I visited you in the mausoleum and then you came to visit me?" I ask as I stroked Cara's head. "Yes of course." Eric said as he watched. "Why what's up?" I chuckled a little bit. "Well to be perfectly honest at first when I saw you appear to me I.... Uhhhh oh shit.... I thought I was tripping like I was just seeing things or something." I confessed. Eric looked like he was about to crack up. "So you were..... High?"    He laughed. I shook my head and facepalmed. "Noooo oh God no." I laughed too. "I just mean I thought I was seeing things that's all." "What the f---why would I be high? Goober!"  Eric shrugged and laughed as he held me as I sat on his lap. "Ah I don't know I'm just being a GOOBER, goober." I laughed till I cried. "Ok alright." I said. "We're both goobers." Cara sat up and looked at us funny. It seems as though she agrees. Like she's thinking 'Mom Dad really?'. Heh heh. Oh shit.

****I'm thinking maybe after this story I write one about Caravella the  fox. That should be interesting but we'll see. ❤️****

Eric and I walked around the woods again but we kept Cara at home. So she could be safe and warm. "Um Eric?" I said as I looked at the ground after we stopped to rest. "Yeah what's up baby?" He asked and immediately looked concerned. "Are you okay?" I nodded. "Yeah it's just that.... Well, we're dating even though you're a ghost which is fine, I love it, and I love you, but what would people say or think?" Eric sighed and took my hands in his.
"Honestly Brooke I wouldn't even worry about it or care." Eric said. He always knows exactly what to say. "I mean you could always keep us a secret." I nodded. That's true though. We were sitting under a beautiful pine tree and Eric decided to be a little romantic. As usual haha. "W-what are you doing?" I asked softly. Eric put his finger to my lips and silently hushed me. He's going to sing to me again. I know it uh huh.

'I've seen the storm clouds in your past
But rest assured 'cause you are safe at home
At last I rescued you, you rescued me
And we're right where we should be
When we're together

I know the questions in your mind
But go ahead and ask me one more time
You'll find the answer's still the same
It won't change from day to day for worse or better

Will I promise to be your best friend
And am I here until the end
Can I be sure I have been waiting for you
And did I say my love is true
Baby I will, I am, I can, I have, I do

I know the time will disappear
But this love we're building on will always be here
No way that this is sinking sand
On this solid rock we'll stand forever

Will I promise to be your best friend
And am I here until the end
Can I be sure I have been waiting for you
And did I say my love is true
Baby I will, I am, I can, I have, I do
Baby I will, I am, I can, I have Oh,
I will, I am, I can, I have
Baby I will, I am, I can, I have, I do.'