01. The Fight

[Second Chapter of Love is Dead?: The Fight]
[Written by: justabookwormnerd]
[💚🧡]

The ticking sound of the the white wall clock above the board, could be heard with the noise of Izuku's ballpen tapping the faux wooden desk forming an inaudible rhythm.

Voices that filled the classroom was tuned out, as he drifted his gaze to the window beside him. Eyes closed, he let out a shaky breath. Somehow, it never failed to calm him. The autumn leaves swaying as the wind passed through it.

The substitute professor continued to explain the rest of the lesson, completely ignoring the greenette, who wasn't paying attention to his lecture. He doesn't even need to worry about anything, Izuku can ace the subject in just a mere second, whether he's slacking or not. But of course, this is the first time Izuku did not pay attention. Usually, after finishing his self-study session and homeworks a week before, he'll take down notes in class for more information once again, then back to studying the previous lessons, for tomorrow and for the rest of the month as well.

Izuku Midoriya is known for being the top student from his freshman year and being the student council president for 3 years now. Sounds nerdy but that's not all, he may not sound like it, he was also popular for his good looks. And to everyone's dismay, gorgeous features and a kind personality he possesses, that nobody expected for such a person to exist, will make anyone be swept of their feet. Literally.

But falling in love with him is dangerous, or at least that's what they say. Some already tried to work with him, but those feelings were never returned, ending in a bad rejection. And because of that, Midoriya was rumored, no, labeled as a heartbreaker. He isn't the typical playboy. To be honest, as much as possible, he avoids hurting anyone, but it's unavoidable in such cases like these.

Still, fellow students were afraid of not reaching his desired standards towards women, but that's only what they thought he would want.

The greenette just wanted something simple, to be with his 'the one'. Cheesy, but that's what he seek. Someone who he loves, and someone who loves him, for what he truly is. Whether they're the opposite gender or not.

However, after what happened between his exes, he stopped finding love, and focused on his studies and part-time jobs instead. To hell, he would've even considered love as non-existent if it wasn't for the love his mother and friends showed him.

Who needs someone to do those couple stuffs with anyway?

His thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the bell, "Okay, that's all for now," The professor arranged his valuables before moving his hand dismissively. "Do not forget your project, deadline will be next week. Also, examinations are approaching. Study, most importantly today's lesson," He continued before glaring at four particular students, who in return, just smirked and the other half just pouted. "Yes, I'm looking at you four." Some silent giggles could be heard after.

Sighing, "Okay, class dismissed." The professor then ended. Everyone practically stood up and hurriedly exited the doors to meet their cliques.

Izuku heard a conversation before then, "Geez, no need to point us out like that." A blond with black lightning hair strip mumbled to his breath and the greenette could guess that the laughter he heard was from his friends.

Typical. Izuku thought as he continue to admire the view outside.

The greenette was still in daze until a female figure appeared in front of his table. He lazily looked up only to see his best friend, with a scowl on her face. "Izuku, why are you still here?" She crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Let's go already, stop skipping meals if you don't want Iida to lecture you all day long instead." The brunette exclaimed. If you're wondering, she was excused the whole class due to Professor Yamada constantly asking her about something, as according to her, not even that important, but you wouldn't want to know about it.