Chapter 12

~JEROME'S POV~

Today is the day Alex gets to leave the hospital. Her mom is taking her home. We fought over it for a while but she finally won. I was so excited because me and Alex were going to hang out together and learn about each other more, (kinda like an unofficial date!)

She was on crutches for at least the next 2 weeks. It was 11 o'clock, which meant that i had two hours until I go pick her up. I was just going to hang out in my room until 1.

~LE TIME SKIP TO 1~

I got to her house and knocked on the door. No one answers. I knock again louder. Then the door opens abruptly and Alex stands there. She puts a finger to her lips to signal to be quiet. She slowly walks out of the house, and gently shuts the door.

"Hey." She says as we get into my car.

"Hi, you look very pretty today." I say. She is wearing dark jeans with a grey and gold blouse. She blushes.

"Thanks" I start to drive down the road.

"Why did we have to be quiet when we were at your house." I say

"Oh my mom was sleeping and if we woke her up it would be the end of us." She said with no emotion. Was she serious?

"Anyways were do you want to go?" I say trying to change the topic.

"I don't know where do you want to go.?" She said looking up at me

"Well do you want to go get some ice cream?"

"Is that even a question?" She said smiling at me.

"Of course not, let's go!"