Slime Rancher in the City

Today is the day I go to the city!

Humans....I get to meet other humans.

Will my slime buddies be okay?

I hope so! They are my bestest friends.
____________________________________

Once upon a time, there was a group of powerful individuals known as the Archons.

These beings reigned over the land for some time. A battle struggle for supremacy kept them in constant turmoil. It seemed that nothing could stop them from fighting.

One day, a new being appeared upon Celestia. This being was pure and untainted by the wars caused by the Archons. It was said that she was blessed by the heavens themselves with a beautiful voice and danced with elegance. Creatures from Teyvat flocked towards her when she visited. Unbeknownst to this being, the Archons were watching her.

And they wanted that light for themselves.

So, each of the Archons tried their hand at impressing the strange woman.
_________________________________
"City life, here we come!"

After a hearty breakfast of some apple pancakes, Hestia, Aether, and Paimon were heading out towards Mondstadt. For the trip, the forest girl decided to dress in her best outfit; a red cloak, brown pants and boots, white puffed blouse, and her favorite necklace. Hestia wished her slime friends a fond farewell along with the Ruin Guard who sat at the edge of the woods. Windy made sure that she packed some essentials, the anemo slime worried for her ward. This was both their first time wandering a large place such as this city. The slime gave her a nudge, making Hestia pause to look down at her.

"Hmm? Everything okay Windy?" Hestia picked up her oldest friend. "Are you worried about going to Mondstadt? Don't fret, Aether and Paimon will make sure that we'll be okay! I trust them."

"Paimon think Windy is worried because people tend to kill slimes. Or eat them..." Paimon made a funny face.

Aether smiled down at Windy, patting the head of the slime. "We promise that none of the knights or adventurers will harm you. Hestia can also make sure to keep you safe."

Hestia puffed her cheeks, making a determined face. "Yeah! I am the famous slime rancher, friend to all slimes and monsters. There's no one alive who understands you better than me."

Windy's eyes made a happy face. True, she worried a lot about Hestia, but that was for a good reason. Without her, the slimes would lose their caretaker and home. No matter what, no harm must befall her friend.

"I see it! The town that I see every day from the big tree!" Hestia jumped up and down excitedly. "Do you see it Aether? Paimon? Windy? I'm gonna be a city girl today!"

Paimon rolled her eyes. "Paimon thinks you are over exaggerating. Going to Mondstadt isn't that exciting."

Aether gave her a side eye. "It is if you've lived your life in the woods. Cut her some slack Paimon." He placed a hand on Hestia's shoulder. "We should get going. There's some friends I want you to meet."

As they approached the gates, the wind started to whip up, causing Hestia's cloak to fly up. Clouds gathered in the air, making the once sunny day darker and colder. The wind got stronger, forming a sort of barrier around the poor girl, startling her into dropping Windy. Said slime slammed into Aether, who caught her before she could fall to the ground. Paimon gasped as Hestia was suddenly swept up by the vortex.

"HESTIA!" Aether summoned his wind glider and jumped into the vortex with Windy. His body was getting battered and slammed as he braved the winds to locate the girl. Feathers started flying around him as he saw something in the dark clouds. Windy squeaked too, noticing Hestia being held by a strange figure in the middle of the turmoil. The figure turned its head to the side, glaring with glowing eyes before howling in pain. Both of them turned to see more pure white feathers coming from the side, showcasing the familiar face of Mondstadt's traveling bard himself with his bow drawn.
___________________________________________________________________