A Little Slimey Interlude 2

"Wow, that smells delicious, Hestia!"
"Thanks, Paimon. I try my best to use the freshest ingredients. You helped out with that."

A fresh pot of Goulash was bubbling over a fire as Hestia cooked dinner for the people in her party. Paimon was floating over her, drooling at the stew with a look of excited. Aether sat next to Hestia, fanning the flames to keep the stew from burning. The surprise guest of Venti was humming a tune and strumming his lyre. The slimes were out of their jars and exploring the mountainous terrain. It was quite a peaceful scene with the setting sun on the horizon and the sound of bugs filling the air.

"Is it okay for the slimes to be hopping away so far from the campsite?" Aether asked the Slime Rancher.

"They will be okay. I'm sure they know their way back and if they do get lost, I told Shocky to send up a signal." With one last stir, she smiled at the group. "Come and get some!"

As Hestia handed out the bowls that Aether had packed, she couldn't help but notice how vast the world was. If this hidden library had some answers, she was certain things would be revealed. Whether they be good or bad, she was hopeful for some good news.

"Do you ever wonder what the slimes get up to when you aren't around?" Venti wonder absentmindedly, taking the bowl from Hestia.

"Hopefully not too much mischief. I'm sure they have their own stories to tell."
______________________________________________
Indeed, the slimes were having their own adventure in the woods.

"Windy, my body is starting to melt. We have to go back to camp before I turn into mush." Freezy said, sweating hard as she hopped alongside the older slime. "Where are we even heading at this hour?"

"Patience slimes. I know tales of an olden slime that holds stories of the person that I told you about that one time." Windy paused, looking back at the other slimes. "Just hold on a little longer."

Shocky laughed, rolling ahead as he sparked up. "This is so cool! Another new story and we finally got out of the house!"

"I don't like it out here so much. Call me a domesticated if you must, but I miss my sink." Dewey whined, slinking behind.

"We are slimes! We survive on the land." Rocky huffed, unamused by his antics.

"Hush guys, Windy says we have arrived!" Leafy was excited as she hopped forward.

The slimes were now inside of a large cave where different colored stones glowed. They were in awe at the immense pictures of different depictions of the Archon War littered the walls. In the midst of the cave laid a Large Geo Slime. Its stones on its head were weathered and cracked, it was sitting on a pile of crystal chunks, and absorbing the nutrients from the materials. The younger slimes felt immense wisdom and power coming from this slime. One thought echoed in their heads.

That is one old slime!

"It's been a long time Jaspar." Windy bowed in front of the old Geo Slime. "You have...evolved well."

"Surprised that you haven't." The elder slimes chuckled, hopping off his crystals. "At any time, due to being close with that Archon, you should've grown in size."

"No...I remain this size to look after her. Do not despair, she will one day learn the truth."

Confused, the other slimes hopped in a bit closer to see what the two were talking about.

"Hey old man! What's with the cave drawings?" Flamey asked, shooting a small fireball upwards. "Whose the angel looking chick and the dragon?"

"Hey...she looks kinda familiar." Shocky squinted their eyes. "That dragon however looks a bit scarier than that Stormterror fella."