Forty Four

Vara

There was no way Baldr's crew didn't know what took place between us. My body was wrecked by Baldr's loving and I couldn't be more content.
He had shown me no mercy.

Baldr was knocked out by the time we finished but I was wide awake.

Quietly, I bent over the side of the bed and pulled on my tattered dress. I frowned seeing how torn Baldr had made it, opting for one of Baldr's oversized cotton shirts instead.

"I cant I stop him you know" I jumped as I heard Baldr's voice. He was groggy but awake.

"You love him..." He sighs, staring into my eyes.

I am quiet.

He sat up and pulled me into his arms. "You love him. Fine. But what about me... about us?" He gripped my waistline, urging me to reconsider.

"What about us?." I confess, looking into his sea blue eyes.

"Answer me this. Do you actually love him?"

"I don't know...I don't...." I break away from him, standing to depart.... "Just! Leave me alone"

"Vara!" He stands after me, trying to hold me but I push past him and run out the room.

I had to run away.
Far, far, away.

______

Third person narrative!

The morning sun shone for the two Vikingr men. Baldr breathed in the seaside air, raking in the expansive views. His boat had drifted to a nearby sea village.

Baldr turns his head to the heavy footsteps approaching. They belonged to Igor.
Baldr and the Vikingr met in the middle of the connecting plank, glaring into each others eyes.

"Is she on your ship?" Igor asked Baldr through a gruff voice.

"No" Baldr huffed, staring into the ocean.
Igor couldn't help the smile that filled his features. He  adjusting his sword before looking away to watching a bird pass by.

"Is she on yours..." Baldr had finally find the confidence to ask, trying not to look too invested in her whereabouts.

"No" Igor said through a frown.

Now it was Baldr's turn to smile.

The men look at each other, sizing each other up with annoyance. They both wondered where she had disappeared to.

Igor wondered had she slept with Baldr and Baldr wondered if Igor had slept with Vara. They were men at the end if the day but if they really wished to know, the answer was yes to both.

"We need to call for a temporary truce." Baldr breaks their unstated vow of silence.

"Agreed." Igor mumbled.

"We find her. Let her choose which man she wants to spend the rest of her time with until she returns home and then?"

"The truce ends" Igor suggests.

"Great. Then I can kill you" Baldr teased. The men shook hands and decided to go find her.

——

Vara

I tuck my arms behind my head, taking in the beauty of the sea side sky. There was something so beautiful about the clouds as it strolled against the rich shade of blue.