Love

Chapter 17

The taxi pulls up at a quiet street in a nice neighborhood. It was four in the afternoon and the heat was at it's peak. I pull my hair up in a ponytail and sighed a breath of relief. A nice little wind cooled off my neck and back. Prince pays the driver and helps me with the bags.

"This is my house." He says. I get a better look at it. It had a Mexican charm to it, with flat shingles and wide circular windows. Prince's mom was already inside and I could hear barking. The taxi left as we climbed the stairs up to the front door.

"Hey boy. I missed you." Prince says to a little terroir.

"Awww what's his name?"

"Beans."

The dog comes to me and licks my hand. I kneel down and pet him. Suddenly he jumps on me and starts licking my face.

"Hey!" I yell and start laughing. His tiny body wiggles on my stomach, tickling me.

"Beans, better watch what you're doing. She's mine." He barks as a response to Prince.

"I'm not a piece of property to lay stake on you know!"

"I was just setting the boundaries on him that's all."

"Sure."

Prince whistles. He gets off of me and runs right past him. He shakes his head.

"I don't know what to do with him."

I laugh and he helps me up. We walk into the kitchen together.

"What are we having for dinner?" Prince asks.

"Tacos."

His phone starts vibrating and he answers it. He laughs really hard, then hangs up.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Ray Ray. He said to save him some tacos."

"Wooaahh he a creep."

Princeton laughs.

There's a knock on the door, and he goes to answer it. He speaks fast in Spanish then calls out to his mom.

"Mom! Some old neighborhood friends stopped by. Can we go hang out?"

"Sure but be back before dinner time." She says next to me.

"Okay." He runs to his room and returns with a backpack. Then he goes to me and gives me a quick peck on the lips.

"I'll see you soon. Sorry to leave you alone."

"It's fine. Go have fun."

He traces the outline of my jaw. "Bye."

"Be safe." I whisper.

With that, he gives me a smile and walks out the door closing it behind him. I sigh.

"Wanna help me with these tacos, niña?"

I turn and see Princeton's mom smiling at me.

"Of course." I walk into the kitchen.

"Now, I make my tacos from scratch. Are you ready for this?"

I pull up my sleeves. "Let's get started."

************************************

I had a lot of fun making tacos with her. After showing me stuff, we would exchange stories. Some were funny, some sad. Overall I really enjoyed myself.

"I had turned around and saw Jacob with his favorite angel wings from Halloween. He ran in the house soaking wet saying how he just flew through hundreds of clouds!"