Chapter 1

Brooke's POV

"You've got to be kidding me!" Viola playfuly hit my shoulder and I let out a little giggle.

"No, I am serious here Viola" her face is unexplainable.

I told her that One Direction signed a contract to my father's management and Viola here is really a big fan of these boy band but I am not.

"Well, since your daddy is Edward Skye... maybe you could ask him if I could date Niall Horan?" Was she serious about this?

"Yeah, sure" I really don't have any plans on telling it to my dad.

"Thank you Brooke!" She hugged me very tight and I couldn't even breathe.

"Hey, I can't breathe!" I pulled away from the hug. "I'm sorry, I'm just a bit excited. You know Niall's my weakness. He's just very cute and h-" I cut her off immediately because I know she won't stop her mouth talking about this Niall. "You know, we could go shopping. Buy new clothes, shoes, bags or whatever you want to buy before the school year starts?" She nodded.

As we reached out the front door, it opens up. We toom a few steps backward and saw my dad.

"Oh hey, sweetie. Where are you going?" My dad leaned and gave me a peck on my cheeks.

"Good morning Mr. Skye" Viola greeted my dad and they both gave each other a warm smile.

"We're going shopping. I'll be home at 6pm" I smiled.

"Why not make it 4:30? We're going to have a visitors and I want you to be here so they could know you, yeah?" I nodded and Viola and I got out in my house "Bye daddy" I waved.

"Enjoy your day sweetie, I'll s-" I closed the door and went over to my car.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I went over to the shoe section and started looking for what I want. I saw a really cute flat shoes and it kind of expensive so I put it back to where it belongs. I don't spend too much money even though my dad is the boss of a management.

Seriously, I know nothing about his work. He's been busy everyday, well almost everyday because it's been hard for him to move on when my mother broke up with him when I was 6 years old. My mother even filed a divorce paper and I can feel how much pain he was by then. He doesn't walked out of their room and haven't eaten for 1 month and it kills me. After that, he finally learned how to move on by taking it step by step. I am proud of what my father did. He really is a strong and brave man. He got himself busy after moving on from my mom but he forgot me. It sounds crazy but he did.

"Hey you okay?" Viola asked and I let out a sob.

"Yeah, I just remembered something" she rubbed her hands on my back trying to comfort me.

"You want to talk about it?" I nodded no and she said "Okay, let's just go and have a snack. My treat!" Trying to cheer me up. I looked at her and I gave her a smile.

We went through almost all of the foodstore and there's a lot of people so we gave up.

I remembered that my father has a visitors so maybe I could ask him if Viola could join. I took a look on my watch and it says it's 4pm. Perfect time.

"I'm just going to call my dad. Hold on" she nodded and she seemed really hungry. I know this girl since we were like 10 and it's been 7 years since Viola and I became friends and she became more of my sister. We're partners in crime. She eats a lot of food but good thing is she's never getting fat. Is there a problem with her?

I pulled my phone up off my pants and searched my dad's number and clicked the 'Call Button' after a few rang he finally answered and I could already hear noise.