Finally Twenty-One

Y/n pov

I have two weeks until my birthday. I can't wait. That I'm turning twenty-one, I thought of moving out of my parents house and renting a one bedroom apartment close to my family. I had tried a few houses and got one just near a tattoo shop where I would want to get my first tattoo. It could be a five to ten minute walk.

The problem is, I haven't told my parents that I will be moving out anytime this week.

I sit in my room, my mind open as I try to figure out what I will tell my parents.

"Eomma, appa. I'm moving out..." I shake my head and slapping my forehead with the palm of my hand. I let out a sigh before trying again.

"Eomma, appa. Can we talk?"

"Talk about what?"

Jennie, my sister, barges into my room which gives me a huge fright. I hold onto my chest, huffing and puffing as I take deep breathes.

"Don't you know how to fucking knock?!"

"First answer my question. What are you going to say to eomma and appa?"

"Nothing. Keep your nose out of my business."

I stand up before pushing her out of my room. Jennie is only six years younger than me and I care about her a lot but she can sometimes be a pain in the fucking ass.

Time pass

After thirty minutes or so of trying to build up the courage to talk to my parents, I finally head down to the living room, playing with my fingers, and calming myself down.

There they are, sitting on the couch, their legs up on the coffee table and watching something. I take one deep breathe before getting close to them.

"Eomma, appa. Can we please talk?"

"Yeah sure." My dad says as he switches off the TV, both of them giving their attention towards me.

I take a seat on the coffee table, playing with my fingers once again. I look at them and trying to hold back my tears because things might not go the way I expect it to. I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

"Y/n? Are you okay, sweety?" My mom asks.

"I-I found a one bedroom apartment not far away from home. I checked it out and loved the place."

Mom: "So?..."

"So, I am moving out sometime this week."

"That can't happen."

I look over at my dad as he shakes his head, arms folded around his chest. He stares at me and I slowly look away.

"I will not allow my daughter out in that cruel world, NEVER!"

"But appa, I am going to turn twenty-one soon. You can't keep me for long."

"She has a point Daek-so. We can't keep her like a hostage for so many years. She has to go out there and live her life too."

"SooMin, I will not let it happen!"

"Why are you doing this, appa? You allowed Jungkook to leave home when he turned twenty-one. Look at him now, he has a job that pays him a lot and he supports this family. It's not like once I'm out there I will forget about you. You are my family."

"See Daek-so. She wants to be like her brother. Let her be just like Jungkook. Let her live her life in another place. You heard her words, once she's out there, she won't forget about us."