Chapter Forty-Six | Will the truth set you free?

||| Warning ⚠️: Mentions of violence, harsh language, death. Kidnapping, torture, plotting someone's murder, ghosts. |||

Yeong gasped as his eyes shot open and his body lurched in surprise. Feeling a faint buzzing in his head, he sat up and looked around.

He was in what seemed like a dark and endless space with one light bulb hanging from an empty ceiling, illuminating the space. And in front of him 5 wooden doors. A door to his own personal hell, a door to the darker side of limbo, where all the un-rested, lost, dark and tormented souls were. A door to the other limbo, where the souls had unfinished business and were just waiting to move on with their lives (some call this place purgatory ). A door that allows him to walk the earth as a spirit and the door for him to go back to his body straight away.

Dead.

He was dead.

Fantastic.

Jay killed him and was probably waiting for him to revive himself so he could kill him again. Not that Yeong really blamed him. He deserved it and more.

Sitting there for a moment he thought about it his options. He could just sit here and waiting his body was healed enough for him to go back or he could do some exploring. It had been so long since he's been back here and for good reason. No one sane the land of the dead for fun. And these days he was trying to be saner for the sake of his son. So realistically he should just sit here and wait because it avoided any chance of trouble.

But......now that he was here....he should take this chance to talk to some spirits. See what they know about Heeseung. That's if they know anything. He should take that chance. Besides, he was more confident this time. The years he spent in this place with Heeseung as his guide meant he wasn't really afraid. But at the same time, he wasn't going to underestimate the dangers of this place.

Standing up he took a moment to stretch and shake off the lingering pain that came from his living body. Walking up to the doors he wondered which door he should under. The door to the darker side of limb or the door to the other "lighter" limbo. Where would he most likely to find the answers?

Well when it came to the "lighter" side of limbo, the spirits were all about trying to finish their unfinished business and being all depressed and shit. They didn't really get involved with other peoples business as they were too hung up on their own, but there were some who were rather nosy so he could try. But when it came to the other desolate side of limbo... these sons of bitches were desperate. Most of them were just begging to be able to live or walk the earth again and if it was possible they always tried to find out what was happening in the land of the living, if there were ways for them to enter. They would know more. But in all honestly, getting an answer out of them was.... difficult. If there was a way for a spirit to either live again or torment humans they weren't exactly going to give that information away and have someone take that opportunity away from them. Some might even lie to his face. These spirits were selfish, darker than dark. And ironically, the sort of place someone as twisted as Sarang should be.

Yeong looked between the two doors unsure. Both red but different shades which were how you could differentiate between the two.

Which one should he pick?

•••

Taehyun carefully closed the bedroom door behind him and turned to his mother who looked numb. With Jay gone again, Taeyun, Yeonjun and Haru had to do a lot of work to convince the others to keep away from Yeong's dead body and for them to get him upstairs so he could heal peacefully; so now the hybrid was upstairs in his old bedroom so he could revive himself in peace. The question of if Yeong was going to go to prison or not was still unknown and was kept on hold until the boy was awake and could be interviewed.. Yeonjun said he would stay in the room and keep an eye on him whilst Haru left to go to some blood from the blood bank and support bandages to help with the healing and reduce the risk of witches fever setting in. Although it seemed as if Witches Fever might set in anyway.