epilogue

Chapter 27:

4 years later.

"Matteo, Liam needs his pull up changed," I yell at him about our 3 year old son. "I'm coming I had to dress Aubri," he yells back.

3 and a half years ago Matteo and I had gotten married, I had ended being pregnant before the wedding and everything went down.

I had our second born Liam, I had legally adopted Aubri as my daughter when she was 2, Liam and Aubri are 2 years apart so I was just about to have Liam when it happened.

Matteo walks down with Aubri by his side in her pink dress, "you ready for your first day of preschool?," he asks her and she nods smiling.

"Liam," I say, "yes mama?," he asks fiddling with his toy truck. "Go get a pull up for dada," I say still packing there lunches. "Ok," he smiles and runs off somewhere, I hope he doesn't get lost.

I finish off there lunches and pack them into there lunchboxes nothing fantastic just a make your own sushi kit for Aubri, and some already rolled Sushi for Liam.

Liam comes back downstairs with a pull up and wipes in his hand and runs over to his dad. Aubri sits in the stool, "momma I'm scared," she admits, "of?," I ask putting a mini water on there side compartment.

"Nobody will like me," she pouts, "your a Vance, ok everybody will like you and if they don't what do you do?," I ask, "ignore them like a plague," she beams a smile.

Matteo and Liam walk back in, Liam is dressed in some sweats and a hoodie with some white forces. Him and Matteo are matching and it's honestly the cutest thing ever, I take a picture while they aren't looking.

"Ok we gotta get them to school in 15 minutes," I say and grab there book bags attaching there lunchboxes.

Once we drop Liam off at daycare, he cries a little which makes me cry a little.

Stupid hormones.

Oh yea I'm pregnant with our 3rd and last child, we don't know the sex yet.

We arrive at Trouser Elementary school, Aubris first day of kindergarten. We all get out the car and we just stand there putting away the unavoidable for a few seconds longer.

She hugs me first, "I love you mom," she whispers in my ear, "I love you too," I squeeze a little tighter. We finally let go and she walks over to Matteo, "dad you have to promise not to cry til I get in the building," she says and we laugh.

"I promise," he says and he leans down to hug her which she gracefully accepts, "I love you," he says, "I love you too dad," she responds a few tears spilling.

"Have a good first day, just know we'll be right here to come pick you up at 2:30," I say and she nods smiling before running towards the school.

As I watch our little girl run into school I can see Matteo's eyes getting glossy. "It's gonna be ok, it's just school," I say and he chuckles a bit.

"I know but it's crazy to think how far she's come," he says and I smile agreeing. "She's definitely a Vance, her fighter and go to attitude," I say.

"But she's just as much of a baytop even if she didn't come from your womb she still like your mini you," he says and opens the passenger door for me.

"Thank you," I say, "anytime," he closes the door after I'm secured in and he runs to the driver side slipping in. He puts the car in drive doing a u-turn and exiting the parking lot.

—-
We arrive at the mafia house and walk in, "morning bosses," James says, a kid around Gio's age. Speaking of Gio him and Adam are currently on vacation, in Japan for there 1 year anniversary.