Chapter 1: Join The Game

Y/n's POV;

*flashback*

"No!!!!" I screamed as I see my parents laying on the ground with blood all over their body. I layed beside them and cried until I fell asleep...

*end of flashback*

It's been exactly 10 years since my parents died... Well, more like 'committed suicide'. I got bullied at school because of that... They said my parents didn't want to have me and that's why they killed themselves instead.

Luckily, I made a friend when I was on 6th grade. Her name was Kang Sae-Byeok, she was a really nice girl, very smart and pretty too. She helped me get rid of the bullies and always comforted me.

But one day I heard her talking to them. She told them everything I told her about me, even the secrets she promised she'd never tell anyone... That was it. The day when I knew that I could never trust anybody... Even if they act nice around you, you should never trust them that easily.

After that, they continued bullying me and used all the informations they got from Sae-Byeok against me... I'd always go home and lie to my grandparents, saying 'I played too much at school and that's where I got my bruises from' and they believed me.

When I turned 18 my grandparents died too. So I decided to move here in the South. Hoping I'd have a better life, which is not, if you're asking. I tried applying for a job but didn't get any. So I taught myself how to pickpocket and that's all I do for the living.

I'm 20 years old now and I normally live in an apartment but I haven't paid my rent for months, so I never came back. Now, I'm just sitting on this bench and I guess this is where I'm sleeping tonight.

Then suddenly a man in a suit with a briefcase sits next to me. I was just about to take the briefcase and run, but he turned to face me and opened it. I looked at him with wide eyes and my eyes looked down to the briefcase.

He took a red square thingy and a blue one and asked me "Would you like to play ddakji?". I looked at him confused and asked "What's in it for me?". He smiled and said "If you win, I'll give you 100,000 won. But if I win, you have to give me the same amount of money. You also get to play first."

I thought for a second... I don't have 100,000 won though...but if I play well I might still win this thing. "Give me the blue one." I said and he gave it to me whilst he puts his card on the ground.

Come on Y/n, you can do this!

I hold on the card tightly and slapped the red card that was on the ground as hard as I can... But it didn't turn... Ah shit. The man looked at me and told me to go to the side. He then did the same thing as I did and IT TURNED! IT FREAKIN' TURNED!

I was just about to make a run for it when I heard him say "I know you don't have 100,000 won to pay me. But if you want I'll slap you instead." I frowned. "Everytime you lose you get a slap, but once you win you get 100,000 won." he smiled. "Alright" I said and I stand right in front of him and *SLAP!* man that hurt! "O-okay, my turn" I said, still recovering from the slap he just gave me.

*SLAP*

*SLAP*

*SLAP*

My right cheek was already bleeding but I didn't care. Instead, I went for another round. Once I hit the red card, everything started to happen in slow motion as I watch the red card turn around. My eyes widened "YES!" I yelled. The man clapped his hands and gives me 100,00 won.

"L/n Y/n, 20 years old, a pickpocket and lives in an apartment who hasn't paid her rent for months." Wait... How did he- "Are you a cop?!" I asked nervously.

He smiled and handed me a light brown-ish card with a circle, square and a triangle on it. "You can win more money by participating in more games. Give us a call. There's only a few spots left." With that, he left. I looked at the back of the card and there was a number written on it. Without thinking, I took the phone from my pocket that I pickpocketted from a guy today. That dumbass didn't put a password. I smiled and dialed the number.

After giving all the informations they needed from me, they said to meet them in front of a nearby gas station at 12 in the midnight.

12:00 am

I stood there waiting for 'the ride' or whatever it could be.

Then I saw a white van that stopped right in front of me. The door opened and I saw this masked guy with a triangle on it. He asked for the password. "Red light, Green light" I answered and he opened the side door of the van.

I went inside and looked around. There were people asleep. "Hey triangle, where are we-" I then see gas spreading inside the van and I saw nothing else than black...

Hᴇʏᴏᴏᴏ! I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ɪᴛ!!!
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, ᴘʟs ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ sᴏ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴇᴅɪᴛ ɪᴛ :)
ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏsss sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ! ✌🏻

-madmaxml 🇵🇭