The Begining

Football Is one of the most popular and world famous sport.Being the captain of a well known club and being known all over the world Is the dream of every football player, may it be a local player or a national player. And this was also the dream of the 14 year old Harshil Nadkarni. He was a aspiring young player whose role models were Ronaldo and Messi. He was the captain ,owner and manager of a football team. His team participated in the annual Parle Mahostav Football tournament. It was a local tournament taking place in a small district of Vile Parle in Mumbai.

Once in a while they also participated in some other tournament also. Being born in a Gujarati business family ,I was expected to be good in studies which I managed quite well and often stood second in the class.

This time for the Parle Mahotsav we had come up with a ingenious attack formation. We wished to bring the cup home this time as it was the last time we participated in the tournament as next year at this time we would be writing our prelim papers instead of playing football with our friends .

It was the Diwali vacation when I got a letter containing the participation form. And I was filled with enthusiasm and couldn't wait to start playing football like hell , start practising with my team. While playing football I m free of tension and I'm the most happy person with no worry about tomorrow or today.
Who knew that this form would change my life and turn it upside down.