Pre -Match Effect

The practice went on as usual. And finally the day before the match.

Harshil's POV

Well we had done some solid practise and also played a friendly match against my friends team. We thrashed them 4-0 with 2 goals by me and one each by Kapil and Shlok.

After that we all sat down for a final team discussion

"Well guys here is the most awaited day for which we have been practising all these days. You all can bring 2 people from your side for the match. The match is against Hell Rockers at 9 in the morning at the dubashi playground next to the petrol pump. I want everyone on the ground at 8:30. Bring your flats or studs and don't forget your shin guards. Any questions?"

Tanmey's hand went up as expected. He was the comedian of the team. He asked " Are we allowed to bring girl friends?"

"Yep. Anything else?" I said.

"Who are the playing 11" asked Shubham.

" Well to be frank it is not yet decided. I plan to make it on the ground tomorrow morning on the spot. Now go home and take rest. Tomorrow morning don't have a heavy breakfast. Just have some biscuits and milk. See you tomorrow.

*********************************************************************************

Well I could not have a quiet dinner that night as all the players and their families kept calling me for the same questions like what time do they have to reach ,etc. nor could I sleep peacefully as the excitement of tomorrow denied me any sleep. I finally went to sleep at around 1 a.m. Well before sleeping I had packed my bag which was another tension to make sure that I carried everything that I could possibly use. After a couple of hours the bag was full of stuff like the jerseys not yet collected, my flats, my captains band, a wrist and head band, 2 pairs of stockings and many pairs of empty bottles which my mom will fill in the morning. I even carried a whistle and stopwatch just in case in I needed them. None if my parents were gonna stay for the match as they had to go to book tickets for our forthcoming trip to Sikkim.( I will write about it after the football tournament ends.)