chapter eight

romantic lover - eyedress————

————

1 WEEK LATER

I'm on the run.
I'm going against everything I agreed to.
So much for those Accords.

I'd just ended a phone call with Ross. He fell for my diversion. I leave the bathroom and walk down the ferry, sitting on a bench.

My hair kept blowing around in the wind, which annoyed me because I didn't bring a hair tie with me.

"Are we sure this was a good idea?" A voice says from the left of me.

"This was our only option. I'd rather not get thrown into a cell, and god knows what they'd do to you." I reply.

"I know... but what if they do find us?"

"They won't. I have it all planned out. We're going to meet a friend of mine. He's providing us with a place to stay for a bit."

Eventually, we exit the ferry in a white car which I was also kindly provided with. We stop off at a nearby shop to buy food and any necessary supplies.

Norway was a beautiful country. The surrounding mountains were topped off with layers of snow. Thousands of trees were lined up alongside the bottoms of the mountains, and at either side of the road I drove down.

I switched on the radio, changing it to the news channel. A norwegian news reporter began talking.

"After the Sokovia Accords, the hunt is on for the remaining Avengers-"

I switch it off, pulling to the side of the road.

"We're here."

The two of us walk through a field of tall grass, heading towards an isolated caravan.

"This looks cosy."

"Just wait around that corner, will you."

I pull out my gun and step inside. I walk all the way down to the bedroom, where I hear a person snoring. I kick him in his shin.

"You're in my bed." I remarked.

"I'm not even under the covers." He gets up and goes straight past me, back towards where I just came from.

"Did you get everything in my list?"

"Passports, entry visas, a couple of local driver's licenses. Mix and match, you should be able to stretch it to twenty or so identities."