Chapter 21 - If a Musician Is Slaughtered in the Woods...

We walk quickly across the grass area and jump into the queue by joining Harrison and Heather halfway up. I catch a few dirty looks from the people behind them, but I ignore them.

"Kill me now," I groan to them.

"Sebastian, you can't just jump the queue like that." Harrison frowns at me.

"Sure, I can. If I stood at the end of the queue, my mom would probably join us and want to continue our conversation about where my girlfriend lives." I roll my eyes.

Heather bursts into laughter and looks between Ashley and me. "You told your mom that you got a camp girlfriend?"

"Ashley isn't just a camp girlfriend," I correct her, and I see Ashley smile out of the corner of my eye when I do. "Anyway, I didn't tell her. My mom just knows stuff. Or one of the other parents knows and told her, maybe."

Harrison holds his hands up in front of himself. "Don't look at me. I didn't tell my parents anything."

"You two were looking all cute and cozy when you were sitting together earlier, she probably just guessed." Heather shrugs.

I open my mouth to say that she and Harrison looked pretty cute and cozy, too, but shut it quickly when I remember that I can't make jokes like that around her. I catch Ashley's eye, and she smirks at me. I know that she's thinking the same thing.

I turn back to Heather and say, "Well, thanks for that assessment. Oh, wise blonde one."

"You're very welcome. I'm good for all kinds of advice. Remember that time I told you to get Gabriel in your band? You called me crazy, but look who's crazy now, huh?" She smirks at me, and I roll my eyes at her.

"Nope, still you," I smirk back at her.

"You're just mad I was right, and you were wrong. Well, get used to it, Sebastian Fox. I'm basically right all the time."

Heather flips her hair, then sticks her nose in the air as if she's too good for everyone, and I can't stop myself from laughing. She grins at me, and I'm pretty sure she's pleased by my reaction.

"I don't think I'll get used to it at all. As far as I've seen, you've only been right two times. Okay, you said our song was good. Three times," I tease her.

"That's three times more than you, though. Harrison, tell him how I'm always right," she says as she turns to look at him.

"I'm not getting involved." He shakes his head and laughs. "I'd rather not settle an argument between my best friend and my new bandmate."

"You're smart, Harrison," Ashley assures him.

Heather narrows her eyes at him, then says, "I can't believe you wouldn't back me up here, Harrison Fletcher."

"I have no doubt that you're more than capable of holding your own against Sebastian. I'll let you two duke it out over who's wrong and who's right between yourselves both today and in the future."

He grins at her, and she wrinkles her nose at him, looking pretty cute as she does. Harrison certainly seems to think so because he laughs and nudges her with his elbow. She gives in and laughs with him as we move forward in the line.

Ashley leans close to me and whispers, "You'd swear—"

She cuts herself off as we stop moving, and Heather turns to face us as she says, "Well, you'll just have to take my word for it, I guess."

"I don't have to take your word for it. I'll wait and see if you're as right as you say you are. For all I know, those were the only three times in your life that you've ever been right," I tell her with as straight a face as I can manage.