Chapter 2: My Typical Morning

Chapter 2:

It always ended with a scream.

Well, in my head at least.

Once, you've listened to it many times before, you kinda get used to it. Again, at least I did. But, that was the easy part. Till, now, the hardest part is looking them in the eye, watching them say goodbye to loved ones and staring them down as I pull the trigger.

That's all I remembered, as I jerked awake because of the annoying alarm clock as the dream had already started to fade away.

I rolled over and got up from the stale mattress I called a bed, and began my morning routine.

I limped to the bathroom, and grabbed the toothbrush and started to brush as my eyes wandered to the heap of clothes bunched beside the bathtub, drenched in blood. I shut up eyes tightly as last night's memories came back as if it happened only a few moments before. I was trained not to think about it, and edged as far away from the thoughts as possible, but the hard part was actually thinking about it.

 I rushed to finish brushing and finished up as I heard pounding on the bathroom door as my foster mom's heels clicked against the hardwood floor, followed by a "YOUR GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL" that echoed around the house. I changed quickly into the clothes I had picked out the day before and rushed downstairs greeted by a person that allowed me to think I was actually normal. The annoying "Hey Zoe" from my best friend Nathan floated around the kitchen as I realized this happened yesterday too. Boy, was this becoming too normal.

But.

I liked it.

I liked being normal.

Or at least pretending to be.