Chapter 5: Confessions

Blood.

Scream.

As my eyes fluttered open I thought I would see dark alley ways but instead I saw white sheets and a bruised up eyes.

"Nathan" I panted as the face slowly started to form in front of me.

I jumped from the bed, but slowly crumpled to the floor as my head started to pound again. I sat up leaning against Nathan and wondering how long I had been out. We sat there in silence until it got unpleasant.

The school's bell was long gone, I figured, glancing at the clock that read 4:10 pm.

I turned to my best friend and inspected the eye. It had turned from a black to a dark purple, thanks to the handy ice pack that rested gently in his right hand.

 Nathan turned to me, and looked into my eyes before pulling away.

" I think we should go now.." He stated.

"Me too.." I replied my brain thinking so hard, it killed.

 As I leaned against Nathan for support, my brain kept darting to the fight that had happened today. I've never seen that side of Nathan before, I marverled but kept my thoughts to myself.

We proceeded to the exit of the nurse's office, but was stopped by who else? the queen herself.

"And, just WHERE do u think you're going?"I turned to see the women in her size 8 loafers with her hands on her hips, typical mom style.

"We will be leaving now, Nurse Handerhall" Nathan continued to talk. I kept my mouth shut afraid of having to spend the rest of the night in her office.I shuddered at the thought.

"Well, if you have to my dear boy..." she walked and patted him on the shoulder.

As we turned to exit, I caught Handerhall staring at Nathan. Oh geez, Handerhall, on top of everyone else?! The thought sickened me.

We walked through the parking lot before realizing everyone had already left. Well, it wasn't like me and Nathan hadn't walked home before. We turned to the main road and started walking the pathway that was all to familiar, but it was different this time. For the first time, we were dead silent.

~*~

We walked, or should I say limped until the silence was unbearable. Of course, knowing my best friend Nathan, he tried to break it.

"Soo... How was school?" Nathan spoke.

Without realizing what I was doing, I started to chuckle. "What's so funny?" Nathan stared as I slowly TRIED to explain. Key word being tried. "The fight, that's all that happened!" I stated the facts, starting to laugh again. This time, he joined in.

After stopping our fit of giggles we continued to walk again in silence.

My brain fell to the fight thoughts.

"Why did Nathan punch Brad?! He couldn't even hurt a fly. Brad was being a bully but still. I can't believe he has a black eye! Brad's gonna get it tomorrow from me! UGH!!!!"

I was trained not to feel angry or sad but before I could zone out I recogized the memorable street which was 65 Glen St.

I turned to face my bruised up friend breaking the uncomfortable silence again. I opened my mouth to speak but before, I could he silenced me. "Listen, I need to tell you something."

I was taken back and kept my mouth shut as I listened to what he had to say. He stood there awkwardly in his worn out jeans and abcormbie and fitch t-shirt.

"Well?" I watched as his lips slowly move and voice was finally out.

"I sorta....I think I love you."

~*~

Heyyyy,

It's mee, just wanted to let everyone know that the only reason I put up shortt chapters is cuz im writing this is with mah BESTIE, and she lives awhile away.. so I can't upload but Comment, Like and ADD to your libraries!!!! ALOT of twists, and THE PLOT FINALLY THICKENS!!!! Thanks for reading and also check out my co-writers stories.. PopHeadNinja!

Thanks again!!!!

PopHeadNinja and Phantomwriter99 <3333333333333333333