Chapter 3: Home Away from Home

Chapter 3: Home Away from Home

An Oscar.

If I was actor and my life was a movie, I would have so many Oscars by now.

I swear that Nathan should get an award for his shouting skills. "THE CAR'S WAITING!" I heard him yell as I struggled to carry my too large backpack and scrambled out the front door.

The day was unusually hot for an early spring day. I hopped into the car and stared out the window as I tuned everyone else out. By, everyone else I mean all my friends which included Nathan, Samantha, Rose and Blake. The world slowly started to fade as I entered a different world, the world in my head.

I still can't get over how my life is different in day, and night. It's like I had 2 persona lites which I'm not proud of but is actually stupid when others might claim it's "cool." If you could imagine the popular girl from any teenage "love" movie, I would probably fit that category.

I'm pretty much the average teenage girl at school. Or, what you would say is the "popular" girl. I'm on the cheerleading squad, liked by students and teachers, mostly because of my grades and me being the school's student body president. It's funny how teens think that the world revolves around popularity, because it really doesn't.

My train of thought was rudely interrupted by a over-exaggerated cough. I looked around and saw everyone standing out of the car- except me."COME ON!" shouted Nathan, as I climbed out of the car. "Oh, sorry!" I replied with an apologetic smile as I followed my friends into my home away from home.

Ryson High School.