Christmas

She was enduring a rain of arrows in the fields of Nasu. She refused to flee even though so much blood was streaming down from every wound those arrows made. The ones firing were the ones she gave up being Amaterasu to be like. And now they were shouting to kill the demon fox.

Why is this happening?

I just wanted to love humans.

And now they want me dead.

"I never meant to trick anyone!" But her cry fell on deaf ears and the assault continued. Tears were falling from her eyes. She covered them with her hands and allowed her knees to buckle.

"I only wanted to learn what it's like to love..."

Neko stretched and gave a massive yawn. She blearily notice Adolf was still asleep. But she heard someone in the kitchen area. She walked over.

"Caster? What are you doing? Are you going to cook something yummy?"

The Servant was standing before the stove. Her blue ribbon was tying her pink hair up more. "Christmas breakfast. Neko, do you know what Adolf likes to eat the most?"

"Any rice dish will do. But I also want to help with Addie's food. I can't help with the cooking, but I'll fetch anything you need."

Caster was pouting at the frying pan on the stove. "I already checked to see what he has, but it's not much. I wanted to have him try some of my Kyoto Cooking."

"I'm sure he'll eat whatever you make."

"Ugh...Fine. I'll make do. Neko, find the cutting board for me."

"Hm? What for?"

"I need to cut up some onions."

"No!" Neko exclaimed. But she made sure to keep it quiet so she doesn't wake Adolf. "No onions!"

Caster looked surprised. "Why not? Is Adolf alergic?"

Neko shook her head. "No, but they're poisonous to me."

"I'll leave out onions. I'll make breaded shrimp instead. Does that work?"

Neko's mouth was watering a little and vigorously nodded her head. "Of course it does!"

Adolf, meanwhile, was listening to the conversation while pretending to sleep. The feeling of tears in his eyes caused him to wake up. He was glad that Caster was being accepted.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Mikoto and Lancer were drinking together at the counter of a bar. Homra was closed for Christmas, so Lancer was going to start work there tomorrow. Mikoto was having the Red Clan bar be charged for the drinks instead of paying himself, but whatever. Izumo was fine with it before. So he shouldn't complain now.

"The biggest issue will be the Silver King. He's supposed to be immortal. But your spear's curse of death should be able to kill him," Mikoto said to Lancer. They were talking about who to be concerned with most. Lancer said the other two Knight Class Servants, Saber and Archer, while Mikoto said the Silver King with the Gold King second.

"As long as he has a source of life, I'll take him down."

"Good."

Lancer got another drink. The wolf's head on his necklace clinked on his glass a little when he lifted the cup. Mikoto glanced at the silver ornament. "You must like that necklace a lot. I've never seen ya not wearin' it."

"This thing? It's more like a habit now. It's supposed to be a good-luck charm." He let out a bitter chuckle. "It didn't exactly help me avoid destiny."