09

Alyssa's pov

"Aren't you going to say something?" Joe asked

"I thought you'd be excited"

I was speechless, I didn't know what to say to Joe. What words could I possibly put together?

"Joe, we need to talk." I told him

"Somewhere private"

Joe looked at me confused but agreed and took me into his locker room nearby and locked the door so nobody could barge in.

"So what's up, beautiful?" Joe asked as he turned to face me

I was nervous to confront him, but I was determined to get answers.

I took a deep breath and looked at Joe in the eyes the best I could, "I know about the tracker"

Joe's pov

Fuck. She found the tracker and she knows that I put it there.

"What tracker?" I asked, trying to play dumb

"Joe, please don't play dumb with me. I would hope you knew me well enough to know that it doesn't work on me" she said

"I found an apple AirTag in my purse, I've never had one before so clearly I didn't put it there, Fergal never had one and we were always with each other so he had no need to put one in there. So the only person that's left is you."

I was caught. I didn't know what to say next. What was there to say next?

"Lyss- I don't know what to say. I can't believe you're accusing me of something like that" I said trying to throw her off my path.

She looks at me upset and cross her arms, "joe, please just be honest with me. I've been going insane ever since I found it"

I felt bad. I had good intentions with what I did, but I didn't know that she would find it or drive her self crazy..

I sighed and looked at her, "okay, yeah it was me but I swear I had the best of intentions"

Alyssa looked shocked and disgusted all at once, I didn't know how to take her. She just stood there.

"Why the fuck did you do that?" She asked

"I promise I had the best of intentions, Lyss. I really did. Honest to god. I was just keeping track of you to make sure you were always safe. That's all" I said

She took a step back. "Joe, that's fucking crazy. If I were ever in trouble don't you think I'd call you or text you?" She asked

"But you went all the way with a tracker ? That's obsessive Joe."

"I'm sorry. I really am I was just trying to do something good." I said

"You seem too obsessed, Joe. I- I can't do this right now. I'm sorry" she gently wiped the corners of her eyes as she  walked out the door

I didn't know what to do. How do I prove to her that I'm not as obsessed with her as she thinks I am? How do I get her to be mine ?..

I know she said she couldn't do this right now and I was probably the last person she wanted to see. But I just had to spill out all my feelings to her. I didn't care if it was backstage in front of all our co workers or in front of Fergal. I need her to know how I feel about her.

I walk out my locker room and walk down the hallway backstage. I continued walking at a fast pace searching for Alyssa until I finally seen her walking toward catering.

"Alyssa wait" I shouted as I ran quickly down the hallway to get to Alyssa

She stopped at the sound of my voice and turned around so that should hopefully mean something. I finally caught up to her and looked at her.

"Joe, I told you I couldn't do this right now, I .."  I cut her off before she could finish her sentence

"I know but Lyss, hear me out. Okay. I have to tell you something really important" It took everything in me to not just blurt it out then and there

She looked at me confused , "what is it?"

I took a deep breath and caressed her face gently, "Alyssa I love you"

Should Alyssa choose Finn or Joe?