My Own Hell

I sit in class staring out of the widow imagining my wings flying out the window and taking me with it. To freedom where there is no one to judge and hurt me. I feel a slight pain in my stomach that I can't exactly explain. I can never be free. Ever.

   My attention turns back to the teacher. She's talking about God again. I feel like that's all we talk about these days. I want to learn more about my powers and how to control them. The problem is that I don't know what my powers are, but I hope it's a powerful one, like weather control or telekinesis. If I get a weaker power, like nature growth, I will be frowned upon by my seers. My seers (my parents) are the main leaders of a group called the "Cum angeli Dei" which means God with Angels in Latin. There's a group in each country on earth, but my seers are the leaders of the one in America. Which means I barely get to see them anymore. Just thinking about them makes me angry.

   "MISS MEYERS, PLEASE PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS! Now answer my question!"

   Knowing that everyone is staring at me, a blush creeps up my face as I sheepishly ask, "Uhhh... Can you please repeat the question?"

  She shakes her head and says, " Why do you think God gives humans a chance to follow him? Don't you think humans don't deserve to choose after all the sin they do constantly?"

 I pause, thinking about the question. I know what my answer is, yet being the smartass I am, I say, "Because he wanted them to have a choice."

  Ms. Pepper shakes her head. "That is not the answer I was looking for. Any other answers from the class?"

  Only two other people raise their hands to answer the question. I slouch in my chair and lift my eyebrow, looking straight at Ms. Pepper as if challenging her. And she knows what I'm doing, but she refuses to acknowledge me.

   No one really likes me. They all think I am a failure in life. I bet even the mighty God thinks it, too. The sad part is I also think I'm a failure. My wings... They're not normal. They're black, not pure white. People say I am a disgrace. They say I don't belong to soar through the sky. I will prove them wrong! I can't keep living this way. With a safety net constantly under me as if I'm going to make a mistake and fall. I need to leave this hellhole as soon as possible.