The Twins

(A/n: three pictures being traced over on Photoshop later. Pics are from Google. My brother came in and introduced me to a "lazy way of drawing". It's a drawing app he uses often. I can transfer my sketch from Photoshop to this place. He taught me how it works and even did a little "sprucing up" to my pictures. I will be using his pictures until said otherwise. I'm not a confident bean 😓)

The little soul thanks the bunny and jogs to the library. There are a lot of people in this area. Some of them look like the little soul, but without wings. Some are like the Monster bunny, but most have different features. Everyone was busy going up and down the path. They crowded this part of the village. Villagers carrying baskets or wheeling their wagon.

The little soul pulls their cloak tightly around them with the hood up. They can feel some of the villagers staring. She seems to feel safer. She pushes past the crowd to get to the library.

(A/n: PC fried itself writing on phone from now on. Please don't mind the auto correct or bad spelling.)

Making it to the big brick building the little soul examined it. The door was a standard wooden door, but with a window on each side of it that showed the inside. The only thing she can see is shelves filled with colorful books. Outside of the windows were random flowers in a pot. One of the windows have strange symbols circling around a book.

The little soul walked into the library without problem. The door was easy to open. Inside the library there was nothing but shelves with books all along the inside of them. One section of the library had a small desk with a person sitting in a chair waiting for people to get a book. Some of the shelves had a sign attached to them, but the little soul couldn't understand the symbols attached to the signs. There was even a place filled with random chairs, desks, and books scattered all over them.

Little soul pov:

I walked up to the first shelf I noticed. Finding a book with information on it shouldn't be too hard. Grabbing one of the leather backed books and opening it......I have discovered that I can't read. Great, now how am I supposed to get the information? Hopefully they have some picture books or drawing books? I could probably figure out history from some of those.

Why can't I read these books? I could have sworn I could read before I showed up here. My mind seems to be playing tricks on me, I have always been in that empty space before now. How could I have learned how to read if there weren't any books there? Perhaps, I really can't read.

Now I have a headache.

I'll ask for help, just this once. Someone can read a few books for me. If I look at the pages while they read I can learn how to understand it too. I just need to figure out which books have information. A big guessing game.

*After suffering in the library*

Three fancy looking books and one picture book. I feel childish. Upon exploring the library I have learned that there is nowhere to sit. They got pillows on the floor. Close enough! I still need someone to read to me. The library is practically empty. I have lost sight of the person behind the desk too.

I decided to go outside to find someone willing to read to me. As if some God heard my struggles, a boy enters the library. I had just gotten close enough to see the front door too. He looks nothing like the others I have seen in town. He is very pale and wears mostly purples and blues. His eyes are even purple! Beggars can't be choosers, and I might as well ask.

When I finally gained the courage to walk up to the stranger, he had already picked out a book and was getting ready to leave. Panicking, I practically ran up to him and grabbed him by the sleeve of his shirt. He whipped his head around and looked a bit panicked.

"C-can I h-help you, miss?"

We practically had a steering competition as I tried to figure out what to say. I can see his face clearly now. He seems to have a crescent Moon in his right eye. I couldn't help but marvel at the pretty blue moon. On top of his head hidden underneath his cloak Hood is a golden band. It also has a moon engraved in it.

*He seems suspicious of you*

Where did this box pop up from?!?! This place is just getting weirder and weirder. I can't believe I questioned if I should stay or not. I can't even read it.

"Sorry.....I can't read. I was wondering if you could-"

He seems to relax a bit. I hate this. Talking to others feels stressful and exhausting. He's giving me a weird look. Maybe I should have asked someone else. There is no one else here to ask. I can't back down now that I have his attention.

"You want ME to read you a story? Why don't you just ask your parents to do it?"

Ah, another word I don't understand. From the way he's wording it I can only assume 'parents' is a person. Making something up takes information and time. I don't have either of those things. I'm too tired for this.

"Who?"

Damn, I blurted that out without thinking. Now he's giving me another look, and I hate it. I wish I could just read minds. This would be so much easier. I must sound so stupid to him.

"Nevermind! I'm reading to my brother anyway. You can tag along, I guess."

That..... that was easy. He seems as puzzled as I feel. I thought he would have said no or called me stupid.

He grabbed my hand and practically dragged me out the door before I started to follow him. The boy takes me out of the village and up a hill. Has it always been this dark? I could have sworn this place was burning my eyes with light before. It's still warm outside buildings, but now I can't see. First this world blinds me with light, now it's too dark. This place is nothing like home. I hate this darkness.

3'ed person(???):

As the little soul was lost in thought the skeleton in purple was suddenly thrown backwards by a skeleton in yellow. "Brother!" The sudden change in colors and the loud, over enthusiastic, voice seems to have snapped the little soul out of her thoughts.

As if both brothers sensed her confusion their heads turned to her.

"Hello! Are you new to the village? I don't think I've seen you around before."

The little soul just nodded her head and smiles.

"She was at the library, brother. She can't read, so she asked me to read it for her. I figured since I was already reading you a story she could stay until the first book ends."

"That is a great idea!!" He spins around to face her. "We usually sit by the tree. You can sit between us!"

The skeleton in purple, also known as nightmare, didn't like the idea of anyone from the village sitting close to him. If anyone was watching him they would have easily been able to tell. His twin in yellow, dream, wasn't paying attention. He was already dragging this 'human' villager up to the Tree of Feelings.

(1286 words)