seven | black wolf

ACT I, part i, chapter seven :black wolf

black wolf

: ̗̀➛

12:57 AM. APRIL 26th, 2014.

────────

SEVENTEEN thousand, six hundred and four, and seventy cents. $17,604.70. That's how much it would cost Valentina to start a new life. Yay. Right now, she was earning about two grand a week to beat up Rick's unpaying customers. She didn't really want to take him up on his offer but she didn't have a lot of other options. Anyways, it wasn't like what he was asking her to do was anything out of the ordinary in her life.

But maybe that was a problem.

A bigger problem however was the horribly tight, black dress she was wearing. It was the only "nice" outfit in the closet in the room, Rick provided her with. Well, it was the only one that would attract the attention of a drunk man at a club.

Valentina also wore a black, leather jacket that provided some protection against the cold outside of the building, as well as some sheer, black stockings. She couldn't wait to get it all off. The makeup. The hair. Everything. It made her feel too much at home.

The Red Room taught much about killing and deception but what many might not assume, is their lessons in seduction. It was perhaps one of the most used forms of deception in a Widow's career. Allure a man into your trap and then make the kill once they least expect it. It was in the name, after all. Black Widow.

14. That was how old Valentina was when she first encountered such a mission. Of course, it was right after they forcibly sterilized her. A Red Room classic. She never said it in her reports but sometimes those men were kind. Sometimes she knew they had families. Sometimes she knew they weren't bad people, just involved in a bad situation. Sometimes...

She would let them go.

But most of the time, they were bad. Greedy. Lustful. Controlling. None of those were the reasons why the KGB wanted them dead but they were good enough reasons for her. It justified every killing. Ever slit of the throat. Every shot to the head. Everything. And now, that's what would keep her up at night. So much for justifications.

Valentina was sitting at the bar, sipping her shot of vodka. She didn't really know why she was sipping it. She could have twenty shots of vodka if Rick had given her the money. She couldn't get drunk due to a variant of the Super Soldier Serum she was given as a child. It's also why she looked 18 when she was actually 46. Therefore, it was very important for her to know how to use makeup to disguise her youthfulness.

Luckily for her, the club she was at, was illegal. They weren't too concerned with how old she looked or what weapons she was potentially bringing in. The bright lights and loud music weren't unfamiliar to her. She had been in many places like this with people who thought they ruled the world. Thought they were more powerful.