-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 8- 𝙸𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

After the two stayed there silent, Kade decided to open up a little.

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: So, what are you here for? - Uhmm..

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: Chase. My name is Chase. And I'm not quite sure why I am here either..

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: Why didn't you stay back in Adventure Bay? Why did you come back?!

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: Nobody was there...Ryder and my friends... They were all missing! Nobody was on the streets, no cars, no nothing.

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞:I guess Ryder is your caretaker.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: Yes, he is. He's also amazing! He deserves all the credit in the world! I just don't know where he went...

They both stayed quiet for a while, again. It's pretty hard to phrase your words while you are standing in front of a massive gorge, with someone you barely know.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: That's why I came back here. I knew that I would find you here, and I thought that it would be better if I wouldn't wander on my own.
Especially in these moments.

After Kade heard those words, he looked into the gorge, like something was there, but there wasn't. The only thing that you could see there is darkness. Nothing else.

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: Look, I'm sorry for Ryder and your friends. I really am. But I'm afraid that there's nothing I can do about it.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: Yes there is! You can help me find them.

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: ...Y- You want MY help??
Asked Kade, surprised for Chases request.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: YES!! I-I mean, uh... yeah. I feel like we could find them pretty quickly together..

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: ...You choosed the wrong pup, Chase. Do you really think I could be able to tell who your friends are?
Said Kade, trying to convince Chase that he isn't the pup he needs.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: Well, that's something we can fix. I can tell you their names, and how they look like.

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: Why would you give a stranger so much personal information?!

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: You are no longer a stranger to me! You are someone I really admire, and could be a great partner for this mission-

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: Don't say it!

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: Don't say what...?

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: You know very well what I'm talking about.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: Oh.. friends..?

Kade took a deep breath. He really didn't like what he said, but he had to stay calm.

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: Y-Yes. That.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: Oh why?

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: Listen. The last time I had "friends" was also the last time I trusted anyone else.

This time, Chase decided to stay quiet, hoping that he'll say more about his past.

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: I discovered that being on my own, is much more awesome, instead of having some traitors right behind me, that could backstab me in any second.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞: You think I would betray you?! In that mission, I should be the one who's afraid to be betrayed!

𝐊𝐚𝐝𝐞: That's certainly not the type of betrayal I was talking about. It's... something else.