9: When a treasure came to us

Pregnancy is such a pain in the ass. Not that Minji would trade it for anything in this world, but she hates the way her tastes changed, her mood swings, and she feels bad for making life for Yoohyeon hard too.

A few months after their vacation, Yoohyeon brought up the topic of having their own family. They were already planning it before the accident so she asked Minji if she still wanted to. Of course, she does, she does wholeheartedly. Now that she has spent a lot of time with Yoohyeon, just showing how much they love each other, she's willing to extend that love to someone else, in the form of their own child.

They have thought it before if they should just adopt someone to be part of their family. Minji doesn't dislike the idea but she wants to see a child, a child that might look like her or Yoohyeon or both, even if she has to endure the pain of pregnancy and labor. So they decided to take the hard and expensive way and they both don't mind since they both want this.

Yoohyeon knows how much her wife loves food, would do anything in this world just to eat her favorite. Seeing her dislike the taste of malatang after a bite, her eyes couldn't believe that her wife almost threw up because of it. For Minji, even the smell is unbearable.

"Yooh, I'm sorry but I can't take the smell and taste." Yoohyeon was quick to close the lid and place it far away from Minji (she's gonna eat it later). Yoohyeon kneeled down in front of Minji and held her hands in hers.

"But you need to eat, baby. For you and our baby." Minji sighed, thinking what food could make her eat. Like a lightbulb that switched open, her face lit up and she said,

"Can you make that pasta that you made last time?" Yoohyeon recalled what she cooked and slowly nodded. It actually tasted horrible but she guesses that Minji's taste buds are different for the next few months.

Yoohyeon thoroughly remembered how she cooked it. She doesn't mind cooking it for Minji and she doesn't mind eating with her either, no matter how awful the taste is. When she finished, Minji dug in the food, finishing it after a few minutes. So the good wife that Yoohyeon is, gave the rest of her food. Minji was hesitating because she knows that Yoohyeon is probably hungry too. The younger wife reassured her that it's okay since she can eat the malatang later.

"Okay but if you're eating the malatang, brush your teeth and use mouthwash before I kiss you." Yoohyeon laughed and just nodded to her wife's request. She can survive a day without food but not without Minji's kisses.

-

Minji still clearly remembers how happy both of them were when they found out that Minji was pregnant. The process that they chose was hard and there are a lot of uncertainties like miscarriages or false hopes that could happen. She's scared, she really is. But with the human sunshine that she has with her, it's like all of her worries melt away with her wife's smile, touch, kiss, and just her.

They both had a health check-up to determine who was healthier to carry the baby. Yoohyeon had been obviously tired with the lack of sleep and rest because of the countless surgeries that she had so she didn't expect much. Minji had surgeries before but the doctor assured them that it's okay since it's been years ago. Minji got inseminated that day after a long time of considerations on who'll be the donor. And now, they have to play the waiting game.