Dec 2 - The First Snow

Steve POV:
    Yesterday me and Bucky went out to get all the necessary items for decorating the tower. Festive pillows, wreaths, lights, but the one thing we didn't get, was a tree. We were all doing that today- well actually me, Tones, and Peter were.

    "Hey Pops," Peter says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Hey Peter, nice ring." I say, noticing the new spider ring on his finger.

"Oh thanks! It was a gift from Aunty Carol." He says just as Carol and Valkyrie walked in, both with messy hair. They probably just woke up.

"I heard my name?" Carol says and Peter turns towards her, and shows her that he's wearing the ring. She smiles at him.

"I'm wearing the ring you got me." He says proudly and her smile turns into a smirk as she goes to get herself and Valkyrie some breakfast.

"There's something I didn't tell you about that ring." She says as she gets out two eggs and a pan. Peter cocks his head.

"What do you mean?" He asks her, but she says nothing back in response. Peter stares at her a little bit longer, before looking back at me.

       "So, when are we leaving to go get a tree?" He asks me, and I shrug.

"Whenever works." I reply and just then, Tony walks in and I smile to myself at how much of a mess he looks. He's so adorable.

"Coffee..." He mumbles like a brainless zombie, and I go over to the coffee pot as Tony sits down at the counter.

"I think Dad stayed up a bit too late last night," I say to Peter and he chuckles.

"Yeah, me too." He says meanwhile Tony chugs his coffee like he's a marathon runner drinking water after finishing a 15k.

TimeSkip

       Peter POV:
       A few hours later, we finally go out and get a tree. Granted Pops had originally wanted to chop one down, and Dad had wanted something a little more low-key. (It was  p a i n f u l  to write 'low-key' and not 'Loki'.) But I finally convinced the two of them to settle on a good tree lot near upper Manhattan. Dad then ended up flying said tree up through an open window in the tower, and we got it all pruned up. Then Uncle Clint and Uncle Pireto went out to go get lights to decorate it. Somehow they always end up dying the day we need them.

    "We're baaaack!" I hear Clint sing as the two of them walk out of the elevator. Pietro was holding the boxes of lights, and ran over and started untangling them. Clint took his time walking over, and eventually joined me on the couch. About a minuet later, Pietro joined us, having finished putting the lights on the tree.

       "So... ornaments?" He asks and I stand straight up. This is my favorite part! I ran over to the tree, where all our boxes of christmas ornaments were stacked, courtesy of Bruce and Thor who dug them out of deep storage an hour ago.

       I open the top box, and reach in. I pulled out a little ceramic Iron Man figure I'd painted when I was 4. It had 'Peter' inscribed on the bottom in blue crayon. I hold it in my hands and walk over to the tree, and hang it. Slowly, but surely, everyone comes over and starts putting their own ornaments on the tree. Eventually Christmas classics were turned on, and once we were done, we all stepped back to admire our handiwork.

       "Fri, dim the lights pleace?" Dad asks and the lights slowly dim until all that's left is the glowing tree. It's beautiful.

       The next thing we do, is split into groups. Nat, Wanda, Thor, and Bruce dispersed the festive pillows Steve and Bucky had bought yesterday, all throughout the main living quarters of the tower. So basically in everyone's rooms, the living room, dining room, and even in the lab. And let's just say that Steve and Bucky bought a lot of pillows.