〖 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 ℑ 〗

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

"According to the mirror, I am pregnant." (bff/n) said as she turned sideways and stared at her stomach, feeling the smooth skin around her belly button. You rolled your eyes from your lying position on the bed. You both had just finished an entire box of Nutella doughnuts but for some odd reason, you still felt famished. Maybe that is why people said your stomach was a bottomless pit...

"And who's the father, dingus? Nutella?" You asked sarcastically, smiling smugly to yourself. (bff/n) gasped as to signal you that your joke had clearly offended her but you only gave a small chuckle in response, groaning when you were suddenly smacked across the face with a pillow.

"Anyway, we should be talking about college instead," (bff/n) sighed, plotting down on the bed next to you. You sat up, turning to face your best friend. Your acceptance into medical school had taken a toll on both of you since you two would have to part ways soon. "Yeah, I mean, how are we going to see each other? Your school's two hours away from mine." You said sliding off the bed mattress to sit on the floor instead.

You tended to do that a lot when you were uncomfortable as if changing the place where your ass rested would magically make all your problems disappear. (bff/n) mirrored your actions. "It's going to be hard, but we'll figure it out." She said with confidence and you let out a sigh, trying to bring your own emotions back under control as you nodded your head in affirmation.

Were you actually convinced? Hell no, but you and (bff/n) weren't known for giving up on your friendship that easily. In fact, whenever you two got in a fight, it'd never last more than an hour no matter how serious it was. It was funny, really, and the way you two first met was even funnier.

You were about eight at the time, you and your mom had moved into your new home and she thought it'd be good for you to make some friends even though you did not want to. She took you to the playground near your new neighborhood which was really busy at the time. There were kids everywhere and the only empty spot available to you was a swing—the only swing that wasn't being used by any other kids anyway.

You decided to swing for a while and everything was fine but when you got thirsty after a while of swinging back and forth, you had no choice but to go to the nearest water dispenser and quench your thirst. Not only did you have to wait in a long line but when you got back someone else had stolen your swing! That, someone, was another girl about the same age as you—(bff/n).

That did not sit well with you at all, so you did what any other kid would do in this kind of situation: you claimed back your swing! And how you did that? You crept up behind (bff/n) and shoved her off of the swing with a kick to the back. She scraped her elbows and her chin and you smiled in triumph as she started crying but instead of running off to her mom, (bff/n) turned to glare at you, and with a small, stubborn huff, she sat back into YOUR swing and started swinging back and forth as if you weren't even there.

You started yelling at her to get off your swing but your words and threats fell on deaf ears, so eventually, you couldn't help but burst from the anger. You tackled (bff/n) to the ground and forced her small body underneath yours as you started scratching her and pulling her hair. She managed to get a few scratches on you too before your mothers realized what was happening.

(bff/n's) mom and your mom had struck a conversation about recipes since both of them were reading cooking books while sitting next to each other on one of the benches. Your mothers soon became really good friends but you and (bff/n) wouldn't speak to each other because you both hated one another and that went on for a while before your mothers eventually got you two to make up and start to talk to each other.