Praise for My Immortal

Make no mistake, I think that this is one of the finest works of literature ever written.

Tara Gilesbie - whatever the truth behind her identity may be - has crafted a work of fan fiction so deliriously and compulsively entertainingly readable that one cannot deny her raw talent.

Fusing elements from Harry Potter, geek and goth cultures this work defies expectation and convention. It's a masterfully queer text, not just in the way that it explores and celebrates the bisexuality of its central characters, but also in its now iconic use of language that breaks it down as a mode of communication, toying with spelling and grammatical convention, randomly addressing its readers and frequently not making any real sense at all. 

In this way it "queerizes" the notion of language as a form of signification, highlighting the fractured and fragmented nature of the cultures that have sprung up around both Harry Potter, the straight and the queer community.

What My Immortal truly signifies is left unclear by the text's ambiguous ending, but it is clear that the frequent mentions of pop culture, suicide and vampirism signify -or-not-signify many important notions regarding instability and depression in the world today.

- Anonymus

══════════════════

favorite book of all time. reread at least once a year.

- Anonymus

══════════════════

The apex of literary fiction. They'll be teaching this in schools twenty years from now

- Anonymus

══════════════════

THE PINNACLE OF ALL WRITTEN WORD

- Anonymus

══════════════════

Perfection. An amazing read. I've reread it several times, and it never gets boring. The way the author so artfully twists and contorts canon to produce a new, beautiful narrative is nothing short of genius. The characters, both new and reimagined, are lively and realistic, and the author's aesthetic changes to them add a lot of interest, and the added tension based on said aesthetics kept me hook. 

The plot was intricate and complex, my expectations were subverted and I was left pleasantly surprised with the author's decorum in such surprisingly adult themes. Truly, a love letter to the English language. I couldn't flame this goffik masterpiece, fangz to the author for this timeless piece

- Anonymus

══════════════════

this fundamentally changed me as a person and very few works have done that.

- Anonymus

══════════════════

ART.

better than cursed child.

- Anonymus