Chapter 1: Questions

~>Icicle PoV<~

Why can I not get that stupid MudWing out of my head?

Why does my face feel disgustingly warm whenever the rare visitor mentions her name?

I pull my head up sharply, the chain connecting my head & chest bindings straining painfully on my fragile bones. I have been refusing to eat more than enough to just barely keep me alive. I am punishing myself for my idiotic actions.

A guard comes down the hallway, the keys in his talon giving away his location.

"B-by the Queen's order," the guard gulps before continuing nervously, "you are nearby given a s-second ch-chance at a kind path."

My eyes widen with shock when the announcement escapes his stupid mouth. Why would they release me after what I did?

Just as I am about to ask why, he continues: "The only condition is that you are guarded by a trained soldier at all times. You will take 'don't kill people classes' in the Rainforest Kingdom, you will also need rehab for your... weight, also in the Rainforest, but that can also be in the Mud Kingdom... Lastly, as a part of the agreement between Queen Snowfall & Queen Moorhen, you will become an honorary member of General Reed's wing of the MudWing army. Your 'new wingmates' are..." The guard pulls out a scroll & reads off a list of names: "General Reed, Commander Pheasant, Marsh - who goes to JMA... Private Umber - MIA,"- wait, those last two names sounded familiar - " & Sora - MIA." He looks up & unlocks my cell, unbolting my chains from the floor & wall. He grabs a hold of my chains & leads me out into the fresh air, I haven't been outside for months. I do not struggle due to the shock at the fact that I am now a part of the stupid MudWing's wing, & that the beautiful dragon is missing instead of home safe with he rest of her family.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Bye until I write again my kitties!

~<3 Shady