FIVE

January, 2020. Sabrina’s house.

(Present time)

It was 6 in the evening when Sabrina finished with her songwriting session and had barely laid down on her bed that she remembered about the date she had with Ed in two hours.

Edward Gray, the charming 21-year-old actor that she had met on the sets of a movie she was working on. He was really sweet and kind to her then and had her swoon over him in just a matter of weeks. He would make her feel important and special. Sure he made some mistakes here and there but everybody does, *right?* He would always make it up to her later on though. They have been dating for quite a few months now and it’s not a secret for the world either. Sabrina was a little hesitant at first since she would always keep a low profile when it came to her love life. But the boy convinced her that there’s no harm in it; she had lovely fans who would be supportive of her relationship and they had a right to know as well, he said.

Since it was her second day of period, she already wasn’t feeling great but with the addition of packing and the songwriting session, she was left with a headache too. They were trying to come up with the lyrics for a love song to release on Valentine’s the next month, but she wasn’t able to. Well, she was in love so it should be easy but for some reason it was really just the opposite. She had had a tiring day already and basically zero energy for the date night but she didn’t have any choice, per say.

She had booked the role of Cady Heron in the original Broadway production of Mean Girls and had to leave for NYC in two days to start rehearsing for the same. Edward would be leaving for his film commitments in a week too. So, this was their last day together for the next couple of months at least as her boyfriend had promised her that he would be there for the opening night in March. She could not afford to miss this dinner date with her boyfriend tonight and she knew Edward wouldn’t want that either.

She was experiencing some bad menstrual cramps which were making it even harder for her to gather up the strength to start getting ready. You’d think that she should have told her boyfriend about her situation and he obviously would’ve understood her and maybe shift the dinner from some cafe to the comfort of her house. But she didn’t want to disappoint him or make herself look weak in front of him.

She finally started by putting some light make-up on and styled her hair into soft waves and let them down. She decided to dress something comfortable to avoid the clothes making her feel crankier tonight. She still wanted to look cute for her lover so she put on a white spaghetti top, not too cropped as she felt bloated, a pair of faded black denims and a pastel green cardigan to pull it all together and also cause the weather was a bit chilly. She put on some necklaces, hoops, a cute beret and finished it off with a pair of white sneakers. Now all she had to do was wait for her boyfriend to pick her up.

Her tired body was just starting to doze off to sleep when her phone started ringing

Her tired body was just starting to doze off to sleep when her phone started ringing. She got irritated at first but seeing the caller’s ID brought a smile to her face.