Mesmerized

Mesmerized. That was the word you would use to describe Dite when she saw her. A beautiful creature on the dark sand, soaking in the moonlight and radiating her beauty right in front of Dite. She thought that if the sun were up, the beauty would become even more mesmerizing.

She had been stood there for a while. Dite, I mean. She had not been able to fall asleep, so she had snuck out of her window and onto the beach, to breath in the sea air. Then she stumbled across the beauty. Now she had been staring at the sea nymph for quite some time.

Silky blue hair that resembled the waves of the sea framed the nymph's delicate face. Her eyes, teal like the combination of the sea and its plants. Instead of legs, the nymph had the most mesmerizing tail. It was shiny and painted like the sea, with multiple shades of blue and green. To say Dite was smitten or mesmerized, was an understatement.

But Dite wanted more. She wanted more than to stare at the nymph, longing to speak to her, to touch her. And so, she started slowly moving towards the nymph. Her bare feet digging into the sand with every step she took. Her nightgown gently caressing her legs as the mild breeze moved the hem of it. Then she suddenly stopped walking. She had been staring at the nymph the whole time she was moving towards her, so when she saw her head turn towards her, she halted.

The nymph didn't look scared or even surprised. It was like she had been waiting for Dite to near her.

"Took you long enough," the nymph smiled a playful smile.

Dite was taken aback. Her voice was so soothing and silky. It rendered Dite almost speechless.

She tried to speak but only could manage to stutter.

"You knew I was there?"

"It isn't that hard to sense when someone is staring at you for that long of a period," she turned towards Dite, "If it were someone else, I would have gone away the second they had laid their eyes on me."

"How come you didn't do that when I saw you?"

"I sensed your emotions and intensions and decided to let you stare at me. Although I thought that you wouldn't come to talk to me. You seemed too shy.

Now they sat there, staring at each other. It wasn't until Dite noticed that it was starting to become more and more brighter, that the nymph broke the silence.

"I must go now," she said, slightly sad at the prospect of returning home, "But if you want... you could come and see me tomorrow night? I'm here almost every night."

"I'd love that"

The nymph now crawling to the see stopped to look at Dite.

"By the way. What's your name?" she said.

"Dite. What's yours?"

"Eione."

And then she dived into the waves, only to emerge when the sun set again that day.