Contest 1: Gothic & Classics

Welcome to the first contest hosted by the LTA team, Gothic & Classics. Below given are some of the lines from classics which you can use as a prompt for your entry.

PROMPT

1. Emily passed on with faltering steps, and having paused a moment at the door, before she attempted to open it, she then hastily entered the chamber, and went towards thepicture, which appeared to be enclosed in a frame of uncommon size, that hung in a dark part of the room. Shepaused again, and then, with a timid hand, lifted the veil;but instantly let it fall-perceiving that what it had concealed was no picture, and, before she could leave the chamber, she dropped senseless on the floor.

2. Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."

3. He said that there were no traces upon the ground round the body. He did not observe any. but I did - some little distance off, but fresh and clear"
"Footprints?"

"Footprints."

You are free to interpret and use them according to your own wish. There is no need to include just exact lines of the prompts. You're free to use them only to fuel your creativity and imagination.

The word limit is 1500-2000 words.

Deadline is : 20 November 2021.

RULES AND GUIDELINES

- Submissions will run from Nov 3rd – Nov 20, and on the 28th winning stories will be posted and shouted out.

- The story can be up to 2000 words in length, no more than 50 words over.

- You can combine all three prompts, however, one main prompt should be visible throughout. Other can be used as supporting prompts.

- Only one story is to be submitted per user.

- Your story must be new and specifically written for this contest. You can post it on its own or as part of a new chapter from an existing collection.

- This time around, no Fanfictions are allowed. Characters, plot, and setting in the story are author's own creations. FFs will not be considered.

- Adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

- There will one overall winner, and one honorable mention.

SUBMISSIONS

The submission form can be found in in the inline comment here. The submission link has also been included in our profile bio.

PRIZES

- The winners will have shout-outs from our profile and the winning entry will be included to out Literature Through Ages anthology.

- A gorgeous sticker will be awarded to the winning entries.

All the best!