Chapter 34: Cherish

ARIAS POV

My eyes fluttered open and I took in my surroundings. I way lying down on Ezra's lap who was sitting on a still damp towel, playing with my tangled hair. The sun reflected off the water in front of me and shined directly into my hazel eyes.

"Ezra?" I mumbled and looked up at him.

"Hey," he smiled, speaking softly.

"We fell asleep here?" I sat up.

"Correct," he nodded and grinned at me. 

"That party is tonight," I informed him.

"What party?"

"The family party," I groaned, "I have to face awkward encounters with random relatives that I don't remember."

Ezra laughed. "At least this time I'll be there with you right?" He grinned and I smiled.

"True. You'll save me from the grandmas who grab my cheeks?"

"Deal," he chuckled. "But can you blame them? Your cheeks are very chubby," he said while grabbing my cheeks and laughing.

I shook my head swiftly to get his hands off of me. "Ezra!" I whined.

He shrugged. "Couldn't help it."

"You'll have to make it up to me," I smiled and leaned closer into him.

He rasied an eyebrow. "And how would you like me to do that?"

I bit my lip and moved to his lap where he placed his hands on my hips. He then teasingly kissed me, his lips hardly touching mine. The taste of his mouth was warm and comforting as I sighed into our kiss. The sound of the door creaking caused us to quickly pull away. I stood up to see my mom standing at the door.

"Breakfast is ready you two," she smiled and Ezra and I walked in the house hand in hand. We sat at the table where we were served with coffee, blueberry waffles, and scrambled eggs.

"This tastes amazing Mrs. Montgomery," Ezra smiled.

"I agree," his father nodded.

"Ezra, for the thousandth time, please call me Ella," my mom said and I giggled.

"I'll get it someday," Ezra grinned and placed his hand on my thigh under the table. I then put my hand on his and the two of us smiled at one another.

"So, are you two ready for the party tonight?"

Ezra and I shared a knowing look as he wiped his mouth to conceal his smile. I just nodded.

"Yeah! We're really excited!" 

"I'm glad. I'm counting on you to be polite Aria," my mother lowered her eyes at me.

"I know, I know!" I exclaimed while trying to down the rest of my coffee.

"I think you've had enough," Ezra smiled, stealing my mug.

"Hey!" I whined, attempting to reach it, but failing since he held it above his head.

"Smart boy," my mom remarked, "you know what happens when she has too much caffiene.

"Oh yes I do," he chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

...

EZRAS POV

"So, what are you wearing to said party?" I asked Aria as the two of us layed mindlessly on the bed while reading two seperate books. She just recently started a new one, and I couldn't wait to hear her rant about the characters as if they were people she personally knew. I glanced over at her in her adorable reading glasses and noticed a crease form right between her eyebrows, indicating the fact that she is stressed.