Chapter 14: Pookie bear?

ARIAS POV

I woke up in the warm and strong embrace of Ezra's arms. For a second, it felt as if Ezra and I were together as a couple. It always sort of felt that way...

Do I want that?

I wasn't sure. I just shrugged and carefully slipped out of Ezra's arms, and went to go check my phone. I sighed as I read that I have 18 missed calls from Drew and five voicemails.

"Aria? Baby just let me explain...I swear you'll understand if you just let me explain what happened. Please."

"Come on please don't do this! I need to tell you what really happened. Call me, Aria."

"Listen, I'm trying to reach out to you so you know the full story!"

"Okay look, if you want to break up with me after I tell you what really happened, fine! But as of right now I need to explain babe."

"Fine. You know what? Ignore me, whatever. Just call me when you're ready to stop being such a bi-nevermind. Just call me for God's sake!"

I felt my eyes welling up with tears as I clearly remembered exactly what happened-every little detail. Just as the tears started streaming down my face, I felt a pair of hands reach over me and wipe them away. I turned around, startled.

"Ezra?" I whispered as he looked into my eyes.

He pulled me in for a hug, and I accepted, not only because I really needed a hug but there was something about Ezra's hugs that made a rush of pure calmness wash over me. Maybe it was his toned chest, his irrestible smell, his strong arms...

"It's gonna be okay, Aria," He told me softly as we pulled away.

I looked down and nodded, but the tears still refused to stop. "I'm sorry," I wiped my eyes even though that didn't do anything. I felt so pathetic. Ezra took my hand and led me back down to my bed were we sat, hand in hand.

"Hey, there is nothing to be sorry about. This is obviously a really tough experience, you don't need to apologize. Are you okay?"

I smiled sadly and nodded my head. Ezra looked at me and frowned.

"Ar...you don't have to pretend with me, okay?"

I bit my lip and nodded once again, looking down at the floor. His long fingers made their way to the bottom of my chin as he lifted my head up. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Yeah...yeah, I think I need to tell someone how I feel about this." I wiped my eyes and took a deep breath before continuing. "I was on my way to the bathroom...I saw the food check-out area and I was wondering what was taking him so long so I..." I stopped and covered my mouth to prevent the unnessicary sobs from escaping. I didn't even look at Ezra-I refused. After taking a few more short breaths, I was ready to keep going. "So, I went over there...and I saw him with some blonde girl. He had her pressed up agaisnt the wall and everything. I didn't really know what to do, or even what to think. I kind of just...froze. My mind and body went totally blank. I felt my throat closing and I just stood there watching them like an idiot. I felt so stupid to ever think that someone like Drew would ever like me anyways. I mean, he's all popular and atheltic and cool and I'm just...me, I guess."

Ezra stared at me in complete shock and I was starting to feel stupid for pouring out my heart like that. 

"Just you?" He finally spoke. I just gave him a confused look and he kept talking. "Aria...you're honestly the most amazing person I've ever met in my entire life. Your ability to lighten everyone's mood just by walking through the door still amazes me. You deserve nothing-absolutley nothing other than a guy who will treat you exactly the way you deserve to be treated. And that is the complete opposite of the way Drew treated you."