Try to Drown it Out but the Whisper of Hope Rings Loud

Aizawa

Her little panting breaths felt like a kitten's tongue on my neck as I continued to hold her to me. She didn't seem to mind as she encircled my waist with her arms, letting her small body sag against me. I didn't want to let her go. I wasn't actually sure I could, to be honest. I really thought she was going to tell me that she didn't want to get involved with me. The only other time I'd felt that sense of loss was...when Obe died.

In that moment as we sat on her couch, before she said anything, I'd felt such an emptiness spread through the whole of me. I briefly thought that this must be what being dead is like. How, in the span of a few weeks, this woman, who I know virtually nothing about, has completely invaded my brain and my heart, I just don't understand. I'm not a likeable person, I'm even not particularly nice. The only people who seem to stick with me are the ones who latch on through their own determination.

I don't and have never actively sought out friendships, even less so after the events of 6 years ago. So why am I so desperate to keep her in my life? When did it become ok? I'm not a careless or reckless person. I don't usually go into a situation without anticipating all the potential outcomes first, but I'm throwing myself headlong into the hurricane with her, and what's stranger is that I don't even mind. I'd allowed myself to get lost in thought about it before I fell asleep next to her earlier.

Everything swirled around in my head as I held her there, body coming down from the high of the climax and all I could act upon was the thought that whispered 'don't let go'. Her touch made all the questions, all the fears and anxieties take a seat and wait their turn. It wasn't lost on me how Beauty and the Beast this all was, but there was no denying that this person, this woman, was my peace. A peace I don't ever recall knowing before.

She lightly kissed my neck, bringing me back to the present. I loosened my grip around her and she sat back a little to look up at me. "Hey beautiful." I whispered, making her cheeks flush even more than they already were. "You hungry?" I asked. Her little smile dropped for a moment and she looked away. I thought I might have said something inadvertently wrong but then she looked back to me and smiled.

"Actually, I'm fucking starving." She said with a little smile and almost a sigh. I smiled and kissed the tip of her nose.

"What would you like? Sky's the limit." I said, gesturing wildly with one arm. She giggled a little before deciding on fried chicken, which sounded absolutely fantastic. She went to get off my lap, but I held her there, taking her with me as leaned over to retrieve my phone from the bedside table. I moved to sit down on the edge of the bed, her in my lap again, as I pulled up the app to order the food. She squirmed around a little, getting comfortable, and I felt myself twitch, still inside her. "Sorry, but if you keep moving like that..." I didn't know how to finish the statement.

You're going to make me harder than a diamond in a snow storm again? I didn't think that was very appropriate to say, though it was entirely accurate. "Oh, you mean like this?" she said coyly as she moved her hips in a little circle on me and the response was damn near immediate. I clenched my jaw, trying to keep my cool and not let out the moan I was actively stifling.

"Yeah. Like that." I replied through my teeth.

"What exactly will happen?" she asked, feigning ignorance as she continued to move. I grabbed her ass, hard, making a surprised little yelp escape her mouth as I stared right into those devilish blue eyes of hers.

"Oooh, I think you know, my sweet little blossom." I replied in a low tone, almost growling. Her one eyebrow shot up as she smirked, not flinching from my gaze even a little bit.

"Little blossom, that's a new one." She said as she leaned up to give me little chaste kiss on the lips. "Ok, I'll stop...for now." I leaned my head down to gently konk foreheads with her. As excited as I already was, I didn't mind stopping. It didn't matter to me if we were having sex or were just in the same room, I just wanted to be near her. "I'd better get off your lap or I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself again." She said with a resigned sigh before slowly leaning up on her knees, twisting off my lap and onto the bed.