Chapter 6

"Why would he follow you?"

"Okay um ouch."

"Not what I meant!"

He puts my phone down and starts pacing back and forth through his kitchen.

"He follows very few people. Like only the people in his inner circle."

"So like they guy he was talking with today?"

"Exactly. Considering the class and the description you gave me, it seems like that was Declan but I could be mistaking."

"Okay so what do I do? Follow him back?"

He stops in his tracks and faces me putting both his hands on my shoulders and starts shaking me.

"Are you fucking nuts?!?!"

"No but I like nuts and he's really.... Cute."

"NO. HE IS DANGEROUS. GET IT IN YOUR MIND OLIVER."

I'm surprised he skipped past my joke/not joke. He didn't even react to it.

"Okay what is your real issue with him?"

"What do you mean?"

"Normal people would have just told me to stay away and be persistent about it but you were literally just yelling at me. What gives dude?"

"It's,-" He sighs, "It's nothing."

"It's obviously something. We've only known each other for a day and you've already seen me fucking naked. Tell me what's up."

He chuckles a little bit at the 'Him seeing me naked part.'

"His right hand guy. The one who is always right beside him, Declan?"

"So you've told me."

"Yeah well about two-ish years ago, during the summer. We may have had a little thing."

"I- WHAT?!"

A big smile comes onto my face but then he huffs making it go down a little bit.

"Are you gay?"

"No, not all the way at least. I'm pansexual."

"See and that's okay you know?"

"Yeah I do know but that was the summer I started branching out. Yeah I've always lived her but I had been homeschooled unt about 3 years ago. I had a good year of school by keeping my head down and hoodie up. Then the summer had came around and I started walking places, working out and all that stuff. We met at this old abandoned dock at the edge of town, we were both just exploring but then one thing led to another and yeah."

"More details, did you have sex and what happened when school started again?"

"Well, we didn't have sex, we only did other things and none of those things were sex because we could only meet at the docks. And once school started back up, he started ignoring me, not showing up at the docks. So at one point, I just gave up. Stopped looking his way hoping that one day he'd look back at mine. I soon learned after that he and Anakin had been best friends for a very long time an they never left each others side. So I've barely even looked at their directions and since they're always together it's easy. See them in the halls, go the other way, have them in the same class, don't look their way even if they're looking at yours."

"Woah. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine, it's in the past and even though I still think about him, I still will not forgive him for cutting me off for a very long time."