Why would you wait?

She walked down with so much grace it was enchanting , I stared as she walked towards me her white smile blinding.

Her face slightly paled as she took in my face her eyes beginning to water. She placed a hand on my shoulder giving me a fake smile. She led me down a vast hallway filled with light fluttering in through windows. We walked into a giant study bookshelf after bookshelf encircling us.

We sat down on what looked like old Victorian couches laced in brown fringe. She motioned to everything around her "so , how do you like it" I shook my head searching for words "it's - this place is beautiful" she gave a knowing nod of her head. "Don't worry I was the same way when my husband first brought me here , it really is quite overwhelming at first"

I nodded "do you know why you are here Josephine" I cringed "no and please you don't have to call me that I go by Joe strictly Joe" her eyes softened a little bit before turning away and clearing her throat. "Very well then come along joe I have something's I want to show you" as she stood she waved for me with her hand to follow I quickly stood from my seat staying a pace behind.

"This is where us riders eat,sleep, and train , it's where you would have been if we found you first" I turned towards her "I'm apart of the slayers Mrs..."
"Tathers" she finished. "Mrs.Tathers I'm apart of the slayers and forever will I be apart of the slayers" she laughed dryly "I'm not asking you to convert Joe its your decision on who's side you choose to fight for , you're your own person Joe I would never put the burden of making you choose on your shoulders" .

We had made it to the end of the hallway when she pushed open two French doors , revealing a humongous backyard. Scattered everywhere were riders spar training , I could feel my eyes go black as my body sensed new riders. "Joe this is our training area , we train three times a day with and without our dragons" Mrs. Tathers turned to me now "would you like to call on your dragon?" I didn't respond but called for her anyway thinking she would help calm my nerves.

Phora I'm with the riders , yes I am fine but I want you to come for just in case please

Already on my way

I still stood at the top of the stairs looking down until the wind from Phora's wings flapped my hair to the side. The riders moved out of her way as she landed in the middle of the field getting just more than just a little bit of un welcomed attention.

Mrs.Tathers stood back astonished placing her hand over her chest "my she is quite beautiful , and rather large if I do say so myself" my eyes flew open "what's does a normal size dragon look like?" She shrugged "the same but a good three inches shorter ,but she really is beautiful.

We walked back inside when I heard a deep voice say from the stairs "Olivia where are you" Mrs.Tathers smiled before saying back "right here dear" a man dressed in all black walked by her side putting an arm around her waist.

He smiled warmly at me "so you're the beautiful daughter of my wife it's nice to finally meet you" Mrs.Tathers face paled increasingly while I laughed nervously "I already have parents you must have me confused or something ,I have to go" as I turned to leave she yelled "your father was supposed to tell you first the parents you have now are not your real parents we assigned them to take care of you"

I whipped around quickly my lips quivering "what who's my father?" She sighed walking forward "the one you call Mr.Barnes is my Ex husband and your true father just as I am your true mother"

I couldn't take this backing away to the door I screamed "Phora!" Mrs.Tathers rushed towards me "Joe no please don't leave we have to talk about this" I shook my head "why would you wait?" She sighed throwing her hands in the air "we had to protect you there's a lot of people out there who are disgusted by what me and your father did or the ones who would try to abuse your power please you have to understand"

I walked outside walking towards Phora "I need to leave get my head straight" I jumped on her back lifting off no waiting for anyone.

My whole life is a lie

A/N sorry it took so long for such a short chapter idk guys this book is becoming frustrating AKA boring for me at least I'm writing another book with only three chapters but I'm absolutely in love with it this book is becoming harder and harder to write because I don't really like it anymore lol sorry for those of you who do but yeah I haven't published any chapters of the new book but if you really want to read it and comment and vote then tell me by commenting or sending me messages sight okay lol bye love ya and happy Easter