The brother and sister

Derek and Elizabeth were a silent storm sweeping through the halls with a mist of danger following them everywhere.

They were graceful and a pain in my ass. To say they were cocky would be an understatement , they were better than everyone in this school and they knew it.

I stood at my locker putting my books away then closing it and turning around leaning against it now. At the same time I saw the boys walking towards me all with sad faces but not sadder than Luke's. I hadn't talked to the boys in days paranoia and fear have been hitting me at every corner every time I see their faces , the dream -nightmare taunting me replaying over and over again. They were getting closer and I couldn't handle it I looked for an escape only to be met by Elizabeth and Derek blocking my way , a rush of heat floods over my back quickly followed by growls.

Luke's arm snakes around my waist pulling me back into him in a protective way. Elizabeth and Derek scowl in response all the while I stood reveling in the moment of being back in Luke's arms ; I've missed him so much and the warmth his body brings over my heart making it beat harder by the minute. "Stay away from her riders" Derek bucked back "you stay away from what's rightfully ours slayers" . Elijah scoffed "what do you mean rightfully , nothing can be rightfully yours" Elizabeth rolled her eyes "come on slayers can't possibly be this stupid one of you has had to see some type of similarity with that leader of yours". Derek put his arm over Elizabeth's chest to keep her from saying anything further then saying to her "you know that's not how she's suppose to find out" I shook my head stepping forward now "find out what? What is with this cryptic speaking bullshit just tell me" Derek eyes raked over me before looking me back in the eyes his turning emotionless "nothing we need to go now" he took Elizabeth by the forearm whisking her away.

Just like that the silent storm was gone just as silent as it entered. Looking down I realized I was still in Luke's arms I tried to pry his arm away only to be spun around and pushed against my locker encircled by three angry boys. The first was Leo "what the hell Joe we've missed you" then Elijah "why the hell haven't you talked to us" then Luke smashing his fist into the locker leaving a dent. "why the fuck are you avoiding us and damn it joe if you don't answer truthfully..." He trailed off . I sucked in a breath dropping my head only to have it picked up again. I stared into their eyes not saying a word , not daring to say the words on my mind. Leo sighed "say it joe" . My breathing was jagged now as I spilled everything before crying " look I'm sorry you guys it's just one night I had a nightmare we were finally fighting and God it was terrible there were dead bodies everywhere it wasn't a war it was a massacre leo and Elijah you were... You were the first bodies I saw buried beneath the ash" I said my octave going lower. " then you Luke found me we were suppose to escape but you were killed right In front of me... That's why I've been avoiding you , I couldn't look you in the eye and not see that stupid nightmare again"

Their faces were somber as they stared back at me , taking in what I've told them. Suddenly I was engulfed in Leo's hulk arms squeezing me this time letting me be able to breath. He lifted me into the air holding me tight against his body " Joe we would never in our wildest dreams leave you here to deal with anything by yourself" he placed me down on my feet ruffling up my hair "and maybe you wanna go to a psychiatrist about these nightmares because , no offense they're a little out there" . I laughed letting Elijah kiss my forehead before going off with Leo.

Luke cleared his throat behind me , I turned with a sheepish grin. He still very much looked angry until he sped walk in my direction , lifting me into his arms wrapping my legs around him. He held me tightly showering me in kisses saying in between " what is wrong with you , you don't talk to me for weeks because of a nightmare" he stopped to kiss my lips before holding his head back "I guess I have to tell you this everyday now because it clearly is not getting through , I love you Joe Grays every waking minute is spent thinking about you any day without you is like hell , so please for crying out loud do not ignore me again... Even though you probably will because you think you're doing the right thing" .